Removing Nicotine Stains from Plugs and Switches

I am cleaning out the home of a dear friend who recently passed away. He smoked for many, many years. I have had the walls cleaned, Kilzed and repainted and the carpets cleaned. I am now trying to figure out how to clean the wall plugs and light switches. I bought new plates to go around them, but don't want to have to hire an electrician to come in and replace the actual plugs and light switches. Help! I have to have the house ready to go on the market in 3 weeks.

Answers

I'm not sure it's necessary to replace the plugs and switches unless nicotine is causing them not to work properly. I'd suggest just surface cleaning them with something dry like a stain eraser and just changing the plates, unless you have reason to believe nicotine is making them unsafe to use.

Cigarette Burning in Ash Tray
Cleaning Nicotine (Cigarette Smoke) Off Walls
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 13, 2015
Ashtray Full of Cigarettes
Removing Nicotine Stains on Clothing
Cleaning Blinds
Cleaning Nicotine Stains on Blinds
girl smoking
Removing Nicotine Stains from Linoleum and Vinyl Flooring
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 6, 2017 at 4:24:10 AM on 10.0.1.81 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.