Removing Ink From Paper

Once ink has been applied to paper, it can be a challenge to remove with no trace or without damaging the paper. This is a guide about removing ink from paper.

I have an certificate that is really important for me and it has my name written on it, but the problem is the surname is mistakenly written wrong. I want to erase the blue gel ink from it and re-write my correct name. The paper is quite thick, but smooth from upside. Is there any way I could do this without anyone noticing?

Answers

Best Answer

I would guess the certificate would no longer be valid if tampered with. And I don't see any way of removing gel ink.
Can you consult the organization that issued the document and ask if they can issue another?

How do I remove stamp ink from paper?

By libjon from Tirana, Albania

Answers

Best Answer

Try nail polish remover with a cotton ball or ear bud and rub it on the ink u want to get rid of. It worked for me

Best Answer

Paint thinner. I forget the name of it but it comes in a small tin can at Fred Meyers. Pour the paint thinner in a tall cup and put the paper in the cup and swish it around but never rub it.

Rubbing will destroy the paper. It works on most ballpoint pens.

How do I remove printing ink from tracing paper?

By asim from IN

Answers

Anonymous

Could you be more specific of what you mean?

Nail polish remover with a cotton ball or ear bud. Rub it on the ink that you want to remove. Worked for me.

Anonymous

ruined the paper

How do I remove ball point pen on coloured paper?

Answers

To remove ink from paper you will need Acetone such as Nail Polish Remover and Qtips

Step 1
To remove ball point ink from paper simply take some nail polish remover and wet the end of a Qtip,

Step 2
Then gently rub it in to the ink you want to remove.

Step 3
Anything with Acetone will work, but nail polish remover is what most commonly has acetone and is easily available

You can mix white out with dye to get the right color and cover up the ink on colored paper.

I have a piece of old paper, that was written on 2 months ago with a black ballpoint pen. How can I remove this ink from the paper without removing the original quality of paper? Basically this old paper is my birth form and some information. Thank you.

By fFhim

Answers

Do you know the ink source, liquid, gel? Bic? Whomever, if so, give them a call to see how to remove it safely.

You could scan it and remove the ink via Photoshop, other than that, you can send to Vital Statistics for another certified copy.

A paper archivist could remove the ink safely but it would probably cost more than the cost of a new document.

Call your local library and ask for the manager of the genealogy department. If that person can't tell you what to try you can probably be directed to a book on the subject. While it seems a simple task, whatever solution you use has to remove the unwanted ink without disturbing the original print, and the paper makes a difference too.

Forgers will use Acetone (nail polish remover) to dissolve ink, though I've never tried myself and cannot vouch for the results. Cover any ink you don't want to be dissolved with scotch/cello tape (be sure to double over one end so you can remove it later).

Then pour a measure of Acetone into a pan or tray large enough to fit the document, and wash it be gently sweeping it through the acetone until the ink is gone. Hang to dry, and finally remove the tape.

How do I remove ink from passport paper?

Answers

You can mix baking soda and water to form a paste and apply with a cloth or paper towel. Complete instructions are here: www.ehow.com/how_7548770_remove-pen-ink-passport...

I'm not sure what type of passport "paper" you are talking about but a passport is no longer acceptable if altered and a passport form will not be accepted if altered.

There is a little ink scribble on a check. How do I remove it?

By Lou

Answers

I would ask the bank. If you mess with it too much, it may void out the check.

Go to the bank and tell them. They will ask you to initial it and then it will be ok

How do I remove ball point pen ink from paper without damaging the paper?

Answers

Hi There,

I would try dabbing a bit of fingernail polish remover onto the ink with a cotton ball. If you do not have any fingernail polish remover, I would use rubbing alcohol. The rubbing alcohol needs to be scent and dye free to work.

Other methods include lemon juice on a cotton ball, however with the acidity of lemon juice it is able to dissolve paper quicker.

A mixture of baking soda and water will work also. You mix them into a paste, enough to paint onto the ink you want to remove. This method will work when dry. The water evaporates and the baking soda simply falls onto the table when the paste is dry.

Blue ink is easier to remove from paper than black ink. I hope that you will find one of these methods to be helpful.

Here is a link that I found that will be of help, possibly.

www.google.com/search?q=how+to+remove+ball+point...

Have a wonderful day!!!

---Robyn

How can I remove a signature on a message pad written with a ball point pen?

By ARR

Answers

Unless, I am misunderstanding something in your question, can't you just get rid of the page that has the signature on it?

I bought a car and the seller signed his name in the buyer spot, how can we fix this

I have some old Record sleeves that has a signature written on it. I want to remove the signature. Do you know of a product that can remove ink from paper? I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

I don't know if I should buy an old 45 RPM with the paper sleeve that has a signature written on it in ink or not. It all depends on if I can get the ink off of the paper sleeve. Please let me know if there is a product out there that does this and I will surely buy it. Sincerely.

Irene Irene

Answers

Use lighter fluid. My friend owns a bookstore, and another a antique store. Use it sparingly, and try it on the most inconspicuous spot.

Try a Magic Rub Eraser. They can get dirt, ink, and a lot of other things off of paper. You can buy them at art supply stores, school suppliers, Walmart, etc. for a couple of dollars or so. Don't get the pink pearl type erasers. They will only smudge it.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

http://www.dick  agic-rub-eraser/

I'm making a project for school and as much as I love books, I want to use one to make into a journal for the project. But I don't want to get new pages, what can I do or use to cover or erase the ink?

Answers

How to remove ball ink from paper

Is it possible that red ink/gel may be removed from a paper without any damage to the paper?

Answers

There are three different method to remove ink from paper However, they are not guaranteed to not damage the paper. With each of these methods I would test on a scrap piece of paper before trying it on the paper its self.

1. Acetone will erase ink from paper. Most nail polish removers are made of acetone. You will need to apply a small amount of acetone to the ink stain using a cotton swab. Rub the acetone gently into the ink stain.
  2. Rubbing alcohol is another product that can erase ink stain on paper. You will need to use isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Use a cotton swab to apply a small amount of alcohol to the ink stain. Let it soak for 5 minutes. Don't rub the alcohol in the paper.
  3. Lemon juice will also erase the ink from the paper. You will use a cotton swab and dip it in the lemon juice. Wipe it over the top of the ink stain. Be careful because lemon juice can also dissolve your paper.

How do you remove purple ink from paper without a trace?

By Alex

Answers

You can try a paste of baking soda and water. Apply with a soft cloth and met dry

I want to remove stamp pad ink from paper.

By sunil

How do remove red refill ink on a paper?

By

How do I remove writing from record labels?

By Vincenzo

How do I erase ink from tracing paper?

By Dave

Mistakes can happen when you are preparing a document. Depending on the type of ink used there may be a way to correct the error. This is a guide about removing ink from a document.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Isopropyl alcohol is usually the best way to break down ink, however it does depend on the type of ink. Removing ball point pen from paper can be a very difficult task but it's not impossible.

This is a guide about removing ink from book pages. Removing ink from paper, without damage, can be very difficult if not impossible.

I have a certificate on which I have spilled a lot of ink. Can someone tell me how to remove it please?

By ali

I would like to know how to remove ink from paper.

By amir faisal from Bangladesh

Answers:

Removing Ink From Paper

Bleach, applied with a q-tip and dabbed, turning q-tip to clean spot after each touch to paper, not rubbing at all. Try on a small area. Try peroxide on q-tip after bleach. Peroxide stops action of bleach, which is naturally degrading. (06/16/2010)

By PENNY K

My 1 year old has taken a pen and written on my new textbook. She basically wrote on the top, it was in my back pack. Is there any way to remove pen from my textbook?

By Angela from Chandler, AZ

Answers:

Removing Ink From Paper

If it was ballpoint pen you could try using alcohol applied with a cotton swab to see if it dissolves the ink then blotting it, but some may remain. Good luck. (08/04/2009)

By pam munro

Removing Ink From Paper

I saw the same thing that Carolyn referred to in the archive question except it was an infommercial for a certain type of pen. It had to do with check fraud. According the the infommercial you need to use acetone rather than non-acetone remover. It's the acetone that works. Hope this helps. (08/04/2009)

By Jane

Load More