Removing Paint from Carpet

How do you get a wall paint off your carpet?

By James

You can test an area for colorfastness, then use a strong brush and apply paint remover. Let it sit 2-5 min, then scrub in tiny circles with a stiff brush (not wire) and rub off with rag. You might have to do this several times, depending on how big an area and what color paint and thickness of carpet. I also do this with clothing paint stains and use a scrub brush that I used to use to paint clothing. Most of the time I get it out, then scrub in a good soap cleaner. Sometimes I then clean again with the alcohol waterless hand cleaners. They help get out paints in kid's clothing if it has not been there long, blessings on your cleaning.

I'd recommend "Di-solv-It", this stuff has worked in nanoseconds where other products wouldn't touch the problem (use an old fork to scrape the paint loose). I had an alien substance at the bottom of my refrigerator that Goo-gone, etc. wouldn't budge; I thought I'd have to sandblast it out, one spray of Di-Solv-It and it lifted immediately and absolutely no harm to the fridge. (Available at Wallyworld and other establishments where size 22/24 Spandex pants frequent.)