Removing Paint on Leather Sofa

I accidentally got a small amount of paint on my gray leather couch. It is a very fine spray and the paint was acrylic latex.

George from Toronto, Canada

Answers:

Removing Paint on Leather Sofa

This may be a long shot but worth a try. Get a blow dryer (not a heat gun) and put it on its highest setting. Heat up the paint over a long period of time by trying to get it to become elastic, as it is acrylic and is a type of plastic paint. See if you can very slowly and carefully peel it from your leather sofa without anything but trying to lift it up with your fingernails.

If that doesn't work, possibly a gentle organic chemical type paint remover dabbed on very carefully and sparingly by working it in to the paint and gingerly try to dab up with a soft absorbent paper towel. You could ask an upholstery cleaner for their professional opinion, they might have just the right procedure. Hope this helped. :) (01/25/2009)

By anatole

Removing Paint on Leather Sofa

I also got a small amount of white paint on the leather seats of my car. I took a q-tip and dipped it in nail polish remover and tapped the excess off. Then very lightly go over the paint on the leather. It comes off almost immediately and then make sure you wipe it off with a wet sponge. It worked really well. It did not discolor the leather at all. (01/27/2009)

By florida gal

Dried Paint from a Leather Sofa
Removing Dried Paint from a Leather Sofa
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
End of a leather sofa with a lapton on seat.
Cleaning a Leather Sofa
🎉
🎄