Removing a Heat Mark from Leather Sofa

Category Sofas
A hot coffee cup or warm plate can leave unsightly marks on your leather furniture. This is a guide about removing a heat mark from leather sofa.

I placed a hot plate of food on a burgundy leather hassock for about 20 seconds until I got a TV tray to put it on and it left a light gold mark on the leather. Will the hair dryer really work or is there something else I can do?

Answers

Try rubbing mayonnaise in and wiping off after half an hour.

This is a challenge and hopefully you will have better luck than my friend did. These were all of her go tos when she did something similar:

www.hunker.com/.../how-to-get-rid-of-a-heat-stain-on...

When nothing worked, my (always the thrifty one) suggestion to her that she use since hers was on the arm--doilies. Which she did. That won't help for a hassock...although a pretty throw tossed on it gives it that cottage chic look :)!

Last resort, if you can afford it, is ask the store where you got it who they recommend for a professional cleaning.

Hope you find an easy solution!

My family has used the method described in the following link and it did remove the mark. The problem with most suggestions like this is that most people will not follow directions and either skip steps or do a less than good job.

Mayonnaise is used but there are several very important steps before you reach the "use mayonnaise" stage so please read the instructions carefully (printing them is better) and follow each step closely.

You are fortunate that your problem area is on a hassock and not on a sofa.

www.hunker.com/.../how-to-get-a-mug-ring-out-of-leather

My daughter's boyfriend set his coffee cup on the arm of the leather couch and it has left a discolored ring mark. How do we fix this?

By Darla B. from Pocatello, ID

There is a hot cup mark on my leather sofa, any ideas how to get it off?

By dorothy richardson from England

Answers

Use blow dryer and rub on the mark

How can I remove a hot cup ring mark from my leather sofa?

By Dianne from Witham