Browsing: Removing Pen from Leather Furniture

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Pen from Leather Furniture

Leather furniture is an expensive investment. It is important to not damage the leather when trying to remove pen ink from your furniture. This is a guide about removing pen from leather furniture.

photo of brown leather couch

Related Product:

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 14, 2016 Flag

How can I remove old blue pen marks on my light gray leather chairs? I have tried acetone, hair spray, Chapstick, alcohol swabs, just about everything I can think of and nothing worked. Is there anyone who actually had a product that really worked?
Thank you.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 22, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning pen ink on a suede couch. Care must be taken when cleaning suede.

Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch

October 3, 2011 Flag

My leather couch is white and I have a huge blue stain. I tried the Magic Eraser, but it only lifted slightly. What else is there?

By Sandy from Mississauga, Ontario

Sweeteey50 Thank you so much I'm starting to see a difference with removing the black paint spots or Ink Spots from a white leather couch and I still have more to do I didn't totally lift the stains I got tired after trying all these different options butt the sanitizer is working yes the sofa just three weeks old

I just put a blue ball point pen mark on my sons white leather sofa i cant get out to buy something i am babysitting

November 12, 2011 Flag

How do I get blue pen ink off of my cream leather couch? I have tried rubbing alcohol, leather cleaner, Murphy's oil and the last resort, hair spray is not advisable.

By R. Brown

You mentioned using alcohol, but you didn't indicate the percentage. You must use 91% isopropyl alcohol for good results in removing pen ink from leather. Dab a cotton swab or cotton ball with 91% isopropyl alcohol, and approach the stain at one side. Press gently, don't rub, until the ink appears on the cotton. Do this a little at a time until all the ink is absorbed. I've used this method several times with great results. Good luck!

Thank you! You just saved my couch!!!

March 27, 2011 Flag

I have shiny cream leather sofas. My grand-daughter wrote several lines and made many drawings on them using a black coloured ballpoint ink pen. On the other sofa's she wrote with blue coloured ballpoint ink. What must I use to clean and remove these two types of ink on my leather sofas without damaging the colouring or paint on the sofas?

By Paul from South Africa

Thanks I tried the nail polish remover and it worked my son wrote on my white headboard with blue ink pen thanks a lot

Thank You for this tip because I tried it and it worked...Whewww :)

October 7, 2007 Flag

I have iodine and ball point pen ink stains on a cream leather sofa, do you know how I can get rid of them? It is not my sofa and I am freaking out.

My 18 month old has just used a blue ball point pen to draw all over my cream leather sofa! "again" my first attempts at moving them was with suggested methods which just faded the leather and pen marks. This morning I've noticed he'd done it again this time big round marks!

In a panic I just picked up my new buy from the betterware called the "pink stuff"(cleaning product) put a bit on a damp cloth,with the first wipe it was gone,i gave it a go on the previous marks and too they have disappeared, no scrubbing was needed and no damage to the leather-give it a go! literally one wipe and it was gone.

ps: I did however try it on my chairs which are faux leather. It only faded the pen marks so best works on real leather.

Why would you have Iodine on your sofa? For leather, lighter fluid on a cotton ball or a q tip works wonders, it will even take off perm. marker or blood in most cases. This will work for pen defiantly, probably for the Iodine also. Just wet a cotton ball with...

April 6, 2013 Flag

This is a tip for removing ink from a white or cream colored leather sofa.

Materials Needed:

• Professional Strength Goof Off solution (It is actually called Goof Off and it must say professional strength. You can buy this at Home Depot, Lowe's, or any hardware store.)
  • Q-tip cotton swabs
  • a moistened (with just cold water) wash cloth or rag
  • leather protectant spray to use after you treat the stained area so to keep the leather shiny and well protected for the future.
  • dry cloth

Instructions:

Important: try using a small, less noticeable area of your leather sofa to treat for ink stain, and see how it works on your leather sofa before treating the whole sofa. You may notice a lightening of the fabric area if you rub too hard against the sofa with the Q-tip that contains the solution, or if you use large quantities of the Goof Off liquid. Apply only a small amount of the liquid onto the Q-tip first to see how the leather sofa responds to the liquid.

1. Take a Q-tip cotton swab and apply Goof Off liquid to it.
  2. Rub the Q-tip over the ink stain as though you were using a pencil eraser to erase words from paper. The idea is to use small back and forth motion as well as small circular motion while rubbing out the stain.
  3. Once the ink stain is removed, use a wet wash cloth, that is moistened with just cold water, to go over the treated area of the leather. This is very important to do because you do no want to leave the Goof Off solution on your material once it has done its job, or else you could discolor the leather.
  4. Take a dry cloth and go over the area with a leather protectant spray to help keep your leather sofa and shiny and protected against future stains.

June 12, 2011 Flag

How do I remove blue ink off a cream leather couch?

By Marilyn N.

Test these on a hidden area on the back of your couch first: If one does not work, then try the other. I hope this helps!

Rubbing alcohol

Hairspray

Magic Eraser

Use the first two with a cotton swab.

Blessings,

Robyn

Try and find someone that sells Amway. They sell a product called LOC. It is one thing that I've found that helps removes markers, ink,adhesives, and all kind of stains very well.

June 20, 2012 Flag

How do I remove ink from a leather sofa?

By Yvonne

I have used WD 40 to remove ink, crayons & magic marker from almost every surface you can imagine!

September 8, 2011 Flag

My dog chewed an ink pen on my pearl leather sofa. It left deep spots. I have tried Ink Lift with no luck. What can I use to take the ink off?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherNovember 9, 2011
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 28, 2016 at 1:15:54 PM on 10.0.1.48 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.