Removing Pet Stains from Carpet

I have pet urine stains on my beige Berber carpet from when my dog was a puppy. I have tried cleaner after cleaner and the spots disappear when I clean the carpet, but a week later they come back through. What can I do to get rid of these stains for good, short of replacing the carpet!

shortyvl2005 from KY

Answers:

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

There used to be a product called "Urine Gone" and another called "Urine-B-Gone". They were "As Seen on TV" commercials. There is a site, www.asseenontvguys.com. Maybe you can find it there. They were guaranteed to remove odors and stains. (08/24/2007)

By perfume and powder

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

There is a carpet cleaner that can be found at most grocery stores as well as Wal-Mart and Target. It is called SPOT SHOT. I have used this on animal stains, as well as, nail polish, and latex paint that was spilled on our carpet. In every case, this product removed the stain without discoloration and the "ghost" of the stain never returns. Good luck!! (08/25/2007)

By Marnita

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

I use Simple Solutions Carpet Shampoo and Simple Solutions Stain Remover to remove my pet stains. I have had terrific success with this product. I get them at PetSmart. Spray the spot with the stain remover and then use the carpet shampoo. You can use this product in your carpet shampooer. I have not had any problems with this product working in my shampooer and highly recommend it for all stains. (08/26/2007)

By Linda

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

My son has 4 dogs and 2 cats and swears by a product called Blue Koral found in the automotive dept. It is a spray with a scrubber on the top. It even got rid of a red juice spill by one of the kids. (08/28/2007)

By Chrisam2

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

My daughter just tried this in her son's room and it worked. She then tried it on an old urine stain in her bedroom that she had unsuccessfully tried to get out in the past. It took it out too. We probably have the same beige Berber carpet as you do. She used Zout Laundry Stain remover. Try it. We couldn't believe it worked! (08/28/2007)

By tneisess

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

Folex works well. Blue Magic, too. Has anyone had luck with vinegar and water?

(09/06/2007)

By Karma the Cat

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

I use Nature's Miracle. It works great and does not leave a residue. You can also pour it into the carpet to saturate the urine. I buy it by the gallon in the pet store. It's worth every penny. (04/28/2008)

By carolmka

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

Vinegar and water has worked for me for the smells and I always follow up with Febreze after that just to lighten the salad smell in the room haha. I don't know though if it is effective on the stains. Luckily I got to those right after the dog peed. (09/08/2008)

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

I use Oxiclean, I mix it up and dump it on, but you have to get your steam cleaner out to make sure it doesn't leave a white spot. I have some spots no one told me about that they stepped on with a towel and now the odor won't come out and I have tried everything, baking soda, vinegar, peroxide, and when I shut my door you can really smell it. (10/28/2008)

By Tammy

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

This is hard to believe, but I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for all of my Berber carpet stains. It not only removed the original stain, but it took out the brownish stain left from my previous attempts to remove the stain with carpet cleaner. I expected that the stains would resurface with time, but they didn't. They were so bad that I had planned to replace the carpet with hard wood. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser did the trick. It is amazing. (01/03/2009)

By Pam

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

I just have to say that people probably have different successes and failures with the different products suggested here because of the type of Berber carpet it is being used on. Berber is a term used for a type of weave used in making the carpet. Berber does not refer to what the carpet is made out of. Carpet can be made out of wool, nylon, polyester, olefin, etc. Some clean better than others no matter what you use. (01/07/2009)

By bd in sk

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

We found a great recipe for removing and keeping the smell gone from pet stains. Try hydrogen peroxide, a little baking soda, and some dish soap. Just pour it on the stain. We put it in our Bissel steam cleaner. It works great. (02/16/2009)

By Jason

Removing Pet Stains from Berber Carpet

What I would recommend is the hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and a little vinegar. Pour the vinegar first to drench the carpet, then the baking soda. Then scrub with a utility brush. Then pour the hydrogen peroxide and scrub some more. Let this sit for about 30 minutes. I would use the steam cleaner to get all this out of the carpet. When it is almost dry, just a little damp, spray it with room freshener. (04/09/2009)

By CarolinaPanthersFan

Cleaning Carpet
Removing Pet Stains from Carpet
Pug puppy wearing devil horns and tail costume laying with head down next to cleaning bucket with rubber gloves, sponges, and various cleaning supplies
Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎄