Removing Pet Stains from Hardwood Flooring

I had a tenant, had being the key word here, with a no pet lease. Three dogs and a cat later, my hardwood floors are a mess. I do not think the animals were let out, it is disgusting. I am hoping for a Nature's Miracle recipe for hardwood floors. Thank you!

By Lillian D.

If it's smell, I'm using straight febreeze, I washe my floors in venegar, let them dry and then poured febreeze on them and brushed it in. i'm a foster home for the Humane Asso and when I get pups they are always having accidents. I've tried Nature's Miracle, and other supposedly items that are supposed to remove urine and bm smells and nothing has worked. The febreese seems to be working so far. but the smell gets into the wood and there's really not much you can do.

I had the same problem with a cat. It took a while to realize that the cat was peeing on the rug and that it was soaking into the hardwood underneath. When we lifted the rug, there were black spots in several places. Having removed the rug, the hardwood floors looked nice enough to try to restore, so I tried oxalic acid and other recommended remedies. The spots lighten up some, but in the end the spots never clear up enough to look decent. You will likely need to get the floors sanded and refinished.

Well I have to sat there are a lot of products out there I have not tried. This I can tell you; my hardwood floor in the entry room smelled of dog urine even after cleaning the rug and eventually removing the rug. (Not carpet). I tried the white vinegar and baking soda route first. All that did was make a mess. Still a bad odor. Then I ordered a product kit called SCOE 10X. I followed the online directions exactly and applied the product to my wood floor last night. Today I am pleased to say the odor is GONE!! This product is great! And no, I don't have any connection with this company other than being a consumer! Try it! It has a money back guarantee!!