Removing Pet Stains from Hardwood Flooring

I had a tenant, had being the key word here, with a no pet lease. Three dogs and a cat later, my hardwood floors are a mess. I do not think the animals were let out, it is disgusting. I am hoping for a Nature's Miracle recipe for hardwood floors. Thank you!

By Lillian D.

If it's smell, I'm using straight febreeze, I washe my floors in venegar, let them dry and then poured febreeze on them and brushed it in. i'm a foster home for the Humane Asso and when I get pups they are always having accidents. I've tried Nature's Miracle, and other supposedly items that are supposed to remove urine and bm smells and nothing has worked. The febreese seems to be working so far. but the smell gets into the wood and there's really not much you can do.

I had the same problem with a cat. It took a while to realize that the cat was peeing on the rug and that it was soaking into the hardwood underneath. When we lifted the rug, there were black spots in several places. Having removed the rug, the hardwood floors looked nice enough to try to restore, so I tried oxalic acid and other recommended remedies. The spots lighten up some, but in the end the spots never clear up enough to look decent. You will likely need to get the floors sanded and refinished.

A dog laying on a hardwood floor.
Removing Pet Urine Stains from Hardwood Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsMay 30, 2011
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄