Removing Rotten Seafood Odors From a Car

Food accidentally spilled or left in a hot car can quickly fill your vehicle with a really bad smell. This is a guide about removing rotten seafood odors from a car.

June 5, 2011 Flag

How do I remove fish juice spill from car seats?

By Jim

Best Answer

Lemon juice and white vinegar, full strength or enzyme product for pet urine, it sort of eats any biological stain/smell. Leave it to do it's work for some days, and then use white vinegar again if needed. I'd try the enyzme first and then the vinegar since it's on fabric rather than say a floor.

Best Answer

I would try the pet urine thing as PIKKA had wrote about but without spending any money I would buy some charcoal to grill with & put some of the charcoal briquettes in the car and shut the door. After about 3 to 5 days the charcoal should/will absorb the smell then just simply throw the charcoal away with the smell and all. This works in any room that someone has thrown up in too. Keep us posted on what you end up doing!

crab juice spilled in the car and cant get rid of the odur

thank you will try

July 29, 2010 Flag

How do I get stinky fish smell out of my minivan?

By leilauni from Red Bud, IL

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Just go to the place where they sell supplies for fish tanks. Get some charcoal the kind they use in the pump thingie. Then spread it around where the smell is the worst and leave it there for a few days. It will get rid of any smell. I had someone spill milk in my car and it sat for a few days in the hot sun. The charcoal got rid of it leaving no more smell. Hope this helps you.

Try activated charcoal pellets. Put them in an open container and leave in the car, with the windows rolled up. Usually works as the charcoal absorbs the odor.

March 24, 2011 Flag

Please tell me how to get crab juice smell out of my car. What can I use?

Shaquana

Answers:

Rotten Seafood Smell in Car

Place a couple of small bowls filled with distilled vinegar in them overnight in the car on a spot where they won't tip over and, better yet, do it during the day when it's warm outside! Vinegar soaks up lots of icky smells!

Also, spray some of the distilled vinegar (don't soak) on the spot where the juice was spilled. (04/20/2010)

By Deeli

Rotten Seafood Smell in Car

Also try activated charcoal pellets. You can get it at a hardware store. Put in a container and leave open in the car overnight. Then put the top on the container with holes punched in it or some type of ventilation and leave in car for a week. They are amazing and really cheap and have worked for me on numerous occasions. It takes a day or so for really tough odors. Use big containers. The charcoal pellets apparently absorb the odors. Hope it helps. (04/21/2010)

By Amy3e

Rotten Seafood Smell in Car

The best stuff I have found with dogs and human seemingly hopeless odors is Complete at Target. You find it in the pet aisle. It gets rid of the bacteria that causes the scent, but smells very clean, citrus. It is not a coverup. It doesn't have bad chemicals. I have used it for vomit, urine, diarrhea, etc. and it works!

I also love Odoban, but Complete is unbelievable. It's inexpensive and I keep it in a spray bottle for freshening up furniture, dog beds, add to stinky laundry, etc. I've tried the veterinary bacteria eating varieties and ended up with a worse smell than at the beginning.
I am getting low on my large bottle and am going to buy more. I would never be without it. (04/21/2010)

By italianswede

July 29, 2010 Flag

What do you use to get fish smell from the carpet in your car? Thanks.

By Joyladybug from Lacombe, LA

Answers:

April 20, 2010 Flag

I spilled crab bisque on the carpet in my car. I scrubbed it with carpet shampoo then used Febreze for pet odors, but the odor is still there after a month. It smells like a trash dumpster. Any suggestions?

By Bunches from NJ

Answers:

Rotten Seafood Smell in Car

I spilled shrimp gumbo in mine. On the spot, lay down some newspaper and put charcoal on the paper. It will absorb the odor. (10/04/2009)

By rforbes

October 3, 2009 Flag

I had a bag of frozen fish fillets melt a little on the way home in our minivan. A small amount of water the fillets were in soaked into the carpet on the floor and the whole van reeks like fish. What can I use to remove (or at least neutralize) the odor?

Jeremy from IA

Answers:

Rotten Seafood Smell in Car

Try something called Fresh-Wave. It comes in a variety of ways, spray, crystals, or gel. Google it and find out where to buy in your area. Many ACE hardwarestores or True Value have it. Works great. (09/28/2008)

By WIsgal

Rotten Seafood Smell in Car

After a week of unbearable fish odor left from forgetting to remove fish from the back seat, I sprayed the entire interior of the automobile with full strength white vinegar with a spray bottle. Almost immediately I noticed the difference. The car smelled like vinegar for 2 days then no more fish smell, works great. (09/28/2009)

By ajsolismd

September 14, 2009 Flag

We had a cooler with fresh fish and ice in the back of the car. The cooler tipped over and some of the melted ice must have spilled on the carpet.

September 24, 2008 Flag

I let my brother in law use my van and he bought shrimp. He put it in a cooler and the water spilled on my carpet now my van smells like rotten seafood. Can anyone help?

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsApril 21, 2016
A photo of a car.
Removing Rotten Food Odors From a Car
Storing Oranges, Canning Oranges, A bunch of bright round oranges.
Storing Oranges
Bowl of seafood gumbo.
Seafood Gumbo Recipes
chef cleaning a fish
Cleaning Seafood Odors From Clothing
🎄