Removing Sap from Concrete

How do you remove tree sap from a concrete patio? It's older rough concrete. I've used bleach, Comet, and concrete cleaner. Nothing works. I've scrubbed until my back ached.

By sappy from Dayton, OH

Answers:

Removing Sap from Concrete

Pour some WD40 on it, let it soften half an hour, and then cover it with Zorb-All or similar grit. Zorb-All is just a generic name for the oil absorbent material garages use to absorb spills and get oil stains out of concrete. It may be called something different in your area, but it comes in big bags and is quite cheap at automotive parts stores. They will know what you mean when you ask for Zorb-All.

Stir the Zorb-All a bit after an hour or two, and then let it sit overnight. In the morning you can sweep it up, and all oil and sap stains will be gone.

Have FUN!
DearWebby
http://webby.com/humor (08/12/2009)

By DearWebby

Removing Sap from Concrete

You can get stuff at the auto store for removing tar, bugs, and sap from a car without damaging the paint.
I'd try that. I can't seem to find the name of the stuff though, but you can get it at Auto Zone and I think Walmart. I've used it on other things and it's worked great! (08/17/2009)

By Shosha

A dog sitting near pine trees.
Removing Tree Sap from Your Pet's Fur
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
🎄
🍂