Removing Stains From Inside a Refrigerator

Foods stored in your fridge can spill and cause stains on the interior walls and shelves. This is a guide about removing stains from inside a refrigerator.

Cleaning the inside of a refrigerator.

I have a problem I can't seem to solve. I have a dry food stain inside my refrigerator next to the crisper drawer. I've tried SOS pads and using dish soap and the stain won't come off. Any suggestions? Could I use bleach?

Thank you.

By Rachelle from Denver, CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know why you can't use bleach. I make a mild solution of warm bleach water to wash down the inside of mine and it works wonderful. I add around two tablespoons or so with a squirt of dish deterdent to a gallon of warm water. Do not use ammonia but bleach would be fine or has been for me for years. We have an old fridge in the garage used for all sorts of storage, extra garden vegetables in the summer, night crawlers in containers, cold beverages and such. I clean it once a year with bleach solution to kill the germs and it works great.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesApril 10, 2013
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 9:37:31 PM on 10.0.1.22 in 476 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.