Removing Tarnish from Stainless Steel Cutlery

I have a stainless steel canteen of cutlery. I don't use it much and it is tarnished. It is from Sheffield in England. Washing alone doesn't work to remove the tarnish. Any ideas?

By Annmarie53

Answers:

Right on this website is a post entitled:

Polishing Metal: Trash To Treasure (09/28/2009)

By MCW

Put a piece of foil in your sink, plug it, run really hot water, add baking soda and salt. All pieces must touch foil. Test a piece first. Good luck I just did all mine after being in storage 20+ years. 3 batches of stuff and it is gleaming brightly. Good luck. (09/30/2009)

By Ladylynnk

For stainless, there's a product called "Bar Keepers Friend". It's like a cleanser and I use it all the time. Use a cleaning cloth, or something used for Teflon, and put a little of the cleanser on it and rub. It's a great product. Bon Ami will do the same, I just like the Bar Keepers better. (10/01/2009)

By c t

Penguin Knife and Fork Envelope
Making a Penguin Cutlery Holder
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
🎉
🎄