Removing Tomato Sauce Stains

How to get tomato sauce out of a white jacket? I just got a white winter jacket for Christmas and have just recently acquired a huge stain all over it from someone throwing tomato sauce from a lunch kit on it. i don't believe I can use bleach because it will take away the weather proofing. what works, or what should i do?

James

Answers:

Removing Tomato Sauce Stains

The sun works best on tomato stains, as a previous poster said, and it is free! (01/17/2007)

By Joanieq

Removing Tomato Sauce Stains

For tomato stains, try pouring boiling water over the stain (just not while you're wearing it!!!). My mom has used this for years with great success. (01/18/2007)

By Cresanna

Removing Tomato Sauce Stains

There is a product called "Spray Nine" which can be purchased in most hardware stores. While it has cautions on the label against using it on material, I have been using it for upwards of 12 years on everything, without harm to any material and the removal of most stains, including gum, wine, tomato ketchup, magic marker (almost). The only thing I have not been able to remove with it is the pollen from the flower of my hibiscus bush on a white sweatshirt. In that case, I used "Oops! -- another product I could never live without. If you have concerns before trying it on your garment, may I suggest you put the same stain on a similar piece of scrap material first. Hope this helps! (02/26/2007)

By Margie

Removing Tomato Sauce Stains

To remove the tomato stain right after it appears requires a two-part process. First cover the stain with talcum powder. Why? It lifts the oil out of the shirt. One hour later, brush off the powder and clean the shirt with Oxyclean or a common laundry detergent and you're done.

(05/02/2007)

By FixitMan

A messy baby getting tomato sauce stains on his clothing.
Removing Tomato Sauce Stains on Clothing
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Homemade pizaa sauce.
Pizza Sauce Recipes
A pot of tomato sauce being cooked.
Tomato Sauce Recipes
🎉
🎄