Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

How do I remove pine tree pitch from clothing?

By Teddyaj from Silt, CO

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

I have used the hand sanitizer (soaked on sap stain) so I am guessing that alcohol would work also. (08/13/2009)

By helford

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

You can get stuff at the auto store for removing tar, bugs, and sap from car without damaging the paint.
I'd try that. I can't seem to find the name of the stuff though, but you can get it at Auto Zone and I think Walmart. I've used it on other things too and it was great. (08/17/2009)

By Shosha

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

I found the suggestion, I read some weeks ago on this site, of using rubbing alcohol a great solution. The resin just dissolves. I bought a bottle from eBay as I live in the UK and wasn't sure where I could buy it. (08/17/2009)

By Anigma

Tree sap coming out of a cut tree.
Cleaning Tree Sap from Clothing
A dog sitting near pine trees.
Removing Tree Sap from Your Pet's Fur
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Christmas tree on top of an SUV.
Removing Tree Sap from a Car
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber