Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

How do you remove tree sap from clothing? They are exercise clothes made of stretch fabric, probably polyester.

By Cindy from Westchester, NY

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

Try WD 40. It works on all sorts of things, and may work for this. (06/02/2010)

By louel53

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

My husband recently used his good paddling shirt to saw trees up. It was literally ruined by all the tree sap. I came in search of something that would remove the sap from his shirt. I figured the shirt was pretty much ruined anyways so decided to try 3 of the recommended products. I started with WD40, it "slightly" removed some of the stain. Next I tried the hand sanitizer and was more impressed with its removal. Then I tried the nail polish remover and it was "handsdown" the best product (all three products were tested on different areas of the shirt) I then applied the nail polish remover to the other two areas and it instantly removed the residual left over from the WD, and hand sanitizer. I'm so happy and impressed that this product worked the way it did, I'll be trying it on other products also! (06/27/2010)

By smarty58

Removing Tree Sap from Clothing

Goo Gone works awesomely on tree sap, tar, gum, you name it. (08/16/2010)

By amillen

Removing tree sap from clothing, tried carpet cleaner degreaser, hands-down nail polish truely works.

Tree sap coming out of a cut tree.
Cleaning Tree Sap from Clothing
A dog sitting near pine trees.
Removing Tree Sap from Your Pet's Fur
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Christmas tree on top of an SUV.
Removing Tree Sap from a Car
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber