Removing Underarm Stains on White and Colored Clothing

I have several items of clothing, whites and coloured with sweat stains under the arm, how can I remove them? I always wear deodorant, but still have staining.

By Ellen from Watford

Answers:

This may sound weird, but it 100% works for me. I also was finding that I ended up with the yellow sweat stains on my white shirts (so gross!). I read this tip some where and decided to try it, instead of using regular deodorants/antiperspirants, I now use regular baking soda. Yes, that is it. After I shower, I just pat my underarms until they are mostly dry, but a little wet still.

Then I apply the baking soda, which will then stick. From what I read, it is the interaction of the deodorants with the sweat that causes the stains to begin with. Since the baking soda is natural, there is no interaction, so no stains. This works for me, even on the hottest of days. No underarm smell or anything. This honestly does work for me. My whites remain white finally. :) Hope this helps. (08/04/2010)

By qcat22

sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Colorful clothing hanging out of a washing machine.
Removing Stains from Colored Clothing
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🎄