Removing Underarm Stains on White and Colored Clothing

How to get underarm stains from both black and white t-shirts?

By Robin from Pocono mountains, PA

Believe it or not you can soak the white ones in water and just toss in a couple of tablets of plain white aspirin - yup aspirin. I've no idea if this works on black.

I tried a rememdy recommended by a previous post and it worked great on whites. I don't know about colors, though. For the whites, mix a couple of scoups of "Oxi-Clean" with hot water in a sink, etc. Add clothing and let set over night. Launder as usual. It removerd old set in persperation stains. I also tried it on old, set-in blood stains and it removed 95% of therm.

I have several items of clothing, whites and coloured with sweat stains under the arm, how can I remove them? I always wear deodorant, but still have staining.

By Ellen from Watford

Answers:

This may sound weird, but it 100% works for me. I also was finding that I ended up with the yellow sweat stains on my white shirts (so gross!). I read this tip some where and decided to try it, instead of using regular deodorants/antiperspirants, I now use regular baking soda. Yes, that is it. After I shower, I just pat my underarms until they are mostly dry, but a little wet still.

Then I apply the baking soda, which will then stick. From what I read, it is the interaction of the deodorants with the sweat that causes the stains to begin with. Since the baking soda is natural, there is no interaction, so no stains. This works for me, even on the hottest of days. No underarm smell or anything. This honestly does work for me. My whites remain white finally. :) Hope this helps. (08/04/2010)

By qcat22