Removing Urine Odors from Backyard

I have a very small fenced back yard at my condo. My 50lb dog uses this yard as his bathroom. Every few days I pick up all the poop. I'm beginning to water his favorite urine places every day. Is there something I can put on the lawn to clean it? Like baking soda or something? I'm beginning to feel like the yard is really gross and the urine smell is sometimes too much. What can I do in addition to picking up and watering?

By Cynthea from Greenville, SC

Removing Urine Odors from Backyard

First of all, pick up after the dog each time he goes. If you are at work then pick up the dog waste daily when you get home. That will help odor control. As far as urine smell, just water down the grass every day as urine kills grass.

It would be best to put the dog on a leash and take it for a walk. Let him do his business elsewhere (with you cleaning up after him, of course). (10/12/2009)

By OliveOyl

A dog outside on grass.
Cleaning Dog Urine Odors Outside
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Couch with urine odors.
Removing Urine Odors from a Couch
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout