OdorsCleaning

Removing Urine Stains and Odor from Furniture

I am the caregiver for my father with dementia. He is now in diapers. However he still, at times. pees thru. The smell of his urine is extremely concentrated since it is hard to get him to drink. He pees so much more than he drinks. I don't get it. However he has had accidents on almost all my furniture in the last 5 months. I have been using OdoBan, but this is no longer working. I have placed pee pads on my furniture, that I wash every other day even if they have not been wet! I can't seem to get the smell of old man urine out of my furniture. Help! With the warm weather it is just getting worse.

I think you are just going to have to do your best, using febreeze, odoban, etc., and then replace the furniture once he's gone. You have my deepest sympathy. It's hard both physically and mentally to care for a loved one who has dementia. Hang in there and God bless you for doing this for your Father.

So sorry about this.

Dena is right. Do what you can with what you've got. Replace the furniture when he's gone.