Removing Wallpaper

How do you remove wallpaper?

Gary from NJ

Removing Wallpaper

Test a small area first. We bought a house that the former owners put paper right over dry wall that was not primed or sized, we ended up replacing the drywall. Fabric softener does a great job, remember to rinse or wipe walls, before painting. (04/19/2008)

By Patti r

Removing Wallpaper

I have used a steaming tool that I bought at Home Depot. It has a large plastic "lid" that you place on the wall and the steam saturates the paper quickly. Then it is easily scraped away.
I recently removed some very, very old wallpaper that way and it went pretty fast. (04/23/2008)

By pwsmith5858

Removing Wallpaper

Here's a link I saw with a good tip. The big thing is that you need patience and the ability to laugh at why they put up the wallpaper in the first place!

By Allison5

Man Removing Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper
Removing wallpaper with a scraper.
Repairing Drywall After Wallpaper Removal
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 5:17:16 AM on in 933 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.