Removing an Oil Stain from Cotton Clothing

How do I get an oil stain out of cotton pants?

By Rick

How long has the oil stain been on the pants? If it is a fresh stain, soak them in some cool water and 1-2 scoops of Oxyclean. You can buy the generic brand of Oxyclean in the dollar stores. What type of oil stain is it, cooking oil or fuel oil? Either way try soaking them for several hours.

I'm bad about spattering cooking oil on my t-shirts when I cook. I keep a shaker of baby powder by the washer, and i sprinkle the stain with powder and let it sit for a while (day or 2) before washing. Shake the powder off before washing, may need to treat again. Last time I sprayed with spray and wash then put powder on it and it worked very well. I wonder if kitty litter would work? They say to sprinkle it on oil stains in your driveway, might try that.

And if none of that works, try Lestoil. It took car door grease off my white raincoat and I was very impressed. Let it sit a bit before washing.

When I have difficult stains I usually resort to putting dishwasher detergent in the washing machine. I have had a lot of good luck with this. But probably it is a last resort.

Try talcum powder, put on spot and brush off; may have to do several times.

Bottle of olive oil.
Removing Cooking Oil Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 1, 2011
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
🎄