Repairing Faded Spots on Fabric

I wanted to know if there was a way to repair faded fabric. I washed my comforter and now there are faded spots. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

By Julie from TX

Answers:

Repairing Faded Spots on Fabric

Why don't you make a duvet for the comforter. (03/07/2010)

By MCW

Repairing Faded Spots on Fabric

Once fabric is faded, it's faded. Chances are your comforter has a design so dyeing it is not an option, but even if it were a solid color it would be almost impossible to dye such a large item evenly.

The duvet cover is a great idea. I have one that I bought a quarter of a century ago and still use it as my comforters over the years become old. And when not in use as a cover it doubles for a nice light weight sheet type blanket for taking naps on the sofa. Oh, and it still looks brand new.

Quality duvet covers are expensive, but if you sew, you can use two inexpensive sheets and some buttons or Velcro to close the open end and make one. (03/12/2010)

By Deeli

Faded Spots on Jeans
Repairing Faded Spots on Clothing and Fabric
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Kitchen With Granite Countertops
Removing Hard Water Spots on Granite Countertops
Kid's Clothing
Preventing Spots on Kids Clothing
Old leather Couch with missing button
Repairing a Leather Couch
🎄