How to Paint Faded Patio Pillows for a Colorful New Look
If you don't have the budget to replace your faded outdoor pillows, give them a fresh update with colorful paint. This is a guide about how to paint faded patio pillows for a colorful new look
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The pillows on my wicker patio couch were dingy and faded. I didn't want to spend a great deal of money on buying Sunbrella fabric for new ones so I went to my local paint store, bought small jars of outside paint, made a simple design, and painted right over the old pillows. I now have a fun new look for my old couch pillows that is weatherproof and has lasted me for several seasons.
Total Time: 3 hours
Yield: 1 pillow for each small jar of paint
- small sample jars of outside paint purchased from a paint store or Home Depot store
- small inexpensive paint brush
- imagination and courage to have fun and paint
- Lay the pillow flat.
- Plan your design and color scheme. You can look through magazines for ideas and inspiration.
- Do one side at a time and wait until the paint is completely dry before starting the other side.
- Stand back and admire your creation. If you are not happy with it just paint it a solid color and begin all over again until you are satisfied with the results.