How to Paint Faded Patio Pillows for a Colorful New Look

Category Miscellaneous
If you don't have the budget to replace your faded outdoor pillows, give them a fresh update with colorful paint. This is a guide about how to paint faded patio pillows for a colorful new look.

The pillows on my wicker patio couch were dingy and faded. I didn't want to spend a great deal of money on buying Sunbrella fabric for new ones so I went to my local paint store, bought small jars of outside paint, made a simple design, and painted right over the old pillows. I now have a fun new look for my old couch pillows that is weatherproof and has lasted me for several seasons.

Total Time: 3 hours

Yield: 1 pillow for each small jar of paint

• small sample jars of outside paint purchased from a paint store or Home Depot store
  • small inexpensive paint brush
  • imagination and courage to have fun and paint

1. Lay the pillow flat.
  2. Plan your design and color scheme. You can look through magazines for ideas and inspiration.
  3. Do one side at a time and wait until the paint is completely dry before starting the other side.
  4. Stand back and admire your creation. If you are not happy with it just paint it a solid color and begin all over again until you are satisfied with the results.