FurnitureRepair

Colorful New Look for Faded Patio Pillows

The pillows on my wicker patio couch were dingy and faded. I didn't want to spend a great deal of money on buying Sunbrella fabric for new ones so I went to my local paint store, bought small jars of outside paint, made a simple design, and painted right over the old pillows. I now have a fun new look for my old couch pillows that is weatherproof and has lasted me for several seasons.

Total Time: 3 hours

Yield: 1 pillow for each small jar of paint

1. Lay the pillow flat.
  2. Plan your design and color scheme. You can look through magazines for ideas and inspiration.
  3. Do one side at a time and wait until the paint is completely dry before starting the other side.
  4. Stand back and admire your creation. If you are not happy with it just paint it a solid color and begin all over again until you are satisfied with the results.