Repairing a Shower Curtain

You can extend the life of your plastic curtain with some simple repairs. This guide is about repairing a shower curtain.

July 19, 2004 Flag

Use a paper hole puncher to punch new ring holes in your shower curtain if they have torn away. I have done this and received much more use from my favorite shower curtain.

By Tim's Girl from OH

I have learned to punch an extra hole at each end of a NEW shower curtain, and put the hook through both holes. It doubles the strength of the hole, so you are less likely to get a tear in the first place.

When a curtain hole tears I cover it with one or two layers of clear packing tape, then punch thru that with a paper punch. It is very hard then to tear thru. In the kids bath, I did each hole like that even before I hung the curtain, to reinforce the holes.

I put a piece of duct tape over the hole and then punch a hole through it. Keeps the shower curtain going for longer!

January 16, 2007 Flag

When the holes tear out at the top of the shower curtain, just fold it over, sew and repunch the holes.

By Pam from Elkhart, IN

Repair ripped shower curtain holes with a stapler! Just staple the ripped part and wallah! The curtain rings hide the staples and you've got a quick fix! I have repaired holes that have survived a year (so far) of kids and adults pulling and tugging on the curtain!

By Amy

Duct Tape

I use duct tape . I just fold a piece over the hole and punch through it. A couple of years ago clear duct tape came out. It's more expensive but it patches cat rips in my shower curtains and doesn't show .

By Linne

Home and Garden Repair OtherAugust 23, 2013
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure