Browsing: Repotting a Jade Plant

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Repotting a Jade Plant

Saving this semi succulent plant sometimes requires a new pot. This guide is about repotting a jade plant.

Jade Plant

February 27, 2013 Flag

I had two jade plants that both got powdery mildew and were slowly dying. One was my mother-in-law's and the other one was my mother's so I didn't want to lose them completely. dead jade plant I broke off the good pieces at the joints and removed any leaves that look infected. If all you can salvage is a big leaf that is fine too, as jade plant leaves can root too. I purchased cactus mix soil and filled up the new containers. Then I just poked the pieces into the soil, deep enough that they could stand up on their own. small cutting They are both doing really well. Every once in awhile, a leaf will begin to show signs of not being healthy so I simply remove it, along with any leaves that have fallen off. It is important to remove any dead or dying leaves to keep the plant healthy.

large cuttings
    Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsMarch 13, 2013
    Europe on a globe.
    Plant Hardiness Zones for France
    Repotting Orchid
    Repotting Orchids
    Flowering Jade (Crassula)
    Growing Jade (Crassula)
    Spider Plant
    Repotting Spider Plants
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:09:04 AM on 10.0.2.26 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.