Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

Here's an idea for a cheap salt bucket. If, like me, you occasionally purchase one of those large tubs of ice cream - the one gallon plus one quart size with a handle and a lid - save at least one tub to fill with salt for winter ice. It's the perfect size to carry out to the front or back walk. Since it has a lid, you can store it in the house without fear of kids or pets getting into or spilling it.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Answers:

Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

Added thought, put an extra one in the trunk of the family car, just in case you get stuck somewhere. I will be doing this myself, thanks for the original thought. (12/01/2008)

By papajan

Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

Great Idea. I use mine as a Sun Tea maker. I made Sun Tea in the winter on my sister in law's glass enclosed porch. The sun was shining although it was very cold outside, made nice Sun Tea. When I left, my great-nieces asked their Mother for more "Tea in the Bucket". She finally figured out it was my Sun Tea in the Ice Cream Bucket! (12/12/2009)

By blondie29697

Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

I don't eat buckets of ice cream but my mom gives me a lot of them. I use them for painting, gardening, to carry my tools, play buckets and on and on. (12/13/2009)

By melmarr

Reuse Ice Cream Bucket as Salt Spreader

We buy 25 lb bags of dog food and rather than keeping it store in the kitchen, I put it in a big plastic trash can in the utility room. I take one of those ice cream buckets and fill that so I have some close at hand to feed the dogs. It just takes up less space for me. (12/13/2009)

By bettsnbob

Icy Steps
Keeping Ice Off Steps and Walkways
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🎄