Reuse Produce Bags For Bread, Meat And More

The thin, clingy plastic bags available at grocery stores for fresh fruit and vegetables are nearly indispensable at home.

I bake bread (high fiber whole wheat)e very five days or so and put a cooled loaf in one of them.

If you buy meat in bulk and want to divide it into meal sized portions they are also very good; because they cling so close and are flexible, you can squeeze out the air to avoid freezer burn although in my case the food is used before freezer burn sets in.

You can also put garbage scraps in them to seal in the odor to avoid attracting animals.

By Tracy from Kansas City

If you put your baked bread in the bags while the bread is warm from the oven, the crust will be soft like store-bought. (07/25/2008)

By Noella

I also use bread bags a lot, you can pull them down really tight, and even double them over for some things, so it's extra protection. I tie them or save the ties as well. I very seldom have an issue with freezer burn or taste, even if I go over the recommended time frame. (07/28/2008)

By beckie

Reuse Produce Bags for Food Storage
Air Filled Packing Bag
Uses for Air Filled Packing Bags
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
A girl holding a basket full of vegetables.
Sharing Garden Produce
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread