Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

What do you do with those little small pieces of leftover soap? Can they be used to make liquid soap? We usually just let them melt away to nothing.

Onesummer

Answers:

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

I keep soap scraps with my sewing gear. I use them to for marking. I started doing this in the 70's when polyester was so popular. I stained a garment with tailor's chalk. It didn't wash out. I haven't bought it since. (03/28/2008)

By MartyD

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

I made a draw string bag out of a washcloth. All my soap bits go into it for the shower. I hang it to dry between showers (03/29/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

I also put the old soap scrap on a new bar, but I put a little water on the new bar where the old scrap will go and wrap in plastic wrap put in the microwave for about 10 seconds (watch it closely) and then take out let it cool and put back in the bathroom or shower. Never has the old one not adhered to the new one. My husband uses "Dial" so it has a small indentation in the middle of the new bar to start with. Makes a nice fit for the old one. (03/31/2008)

By Nana B

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

Here what I have tried in the past. I will get one of those loofah mitts (you can usually find at the dollar store and I stuff the left over soap in the mitt. I use velcro to close up the mitt. Now I have a easy to use shower mitt, with ready made soap. (03/31/2008)

By Georgetta Ruth

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

The way I use up my little pieces of bar soap is by putting them in a pump container with a very large lid with a dozen marbles and some water, let it sit for a while, then shake periodically. Adding more water as the soap slivers dissolve.
Out of habit I shake it before each use.

(03/31/2008)

By BABBIE

RE: Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

I put the pieces into a blender and add a bit of water and mix for about 10 to 15 seconds, I then gently heat this solution in the oven ( in an approved glass bowl) this second step allows all the air to escape that was infused during the mixing process. I then pour it into a mold and let it stand for a few hours to solidify. Once removed I let stand for a few days, it continues to dry and harden. The soap is then usable and is as solid and long lasting as any new bar of soap. (04/04/2008)

By Michael

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

Hey I put the leftover soap bits inside a sock and put a rubber band over it. I then throw it inside the washing machine. It leaves a wonderful personalized smell to the laundry, and the soap is fully used. (05/28/2008)

By Bala

slivers of soap in dish
Using Leftover Pieces of Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄