Making Bar Soap Last Longer

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts

cut luffa sponge and bar of soapI cut a slice from my new luffa sponge to use under my soaps to keep them dry and firm in my soap dishes.

I just used a sharp bread knife on a dry luffa sponge. Easy!

More Solutions

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts

This is how I organize and keep my bar soaps fresh. I will cut a piece of the packaging and tape it onto a brand new plastic baggie.

A plastic wrapper from a package of Dove bar soap inside a plastic bag.

3 Questions

What is the best way to dry bar soap to make it last longer?

Bernie

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 141 Feedbacks
Best Answer

I had a plastic soap dish that would collect water and give me mush soap... one day I got the bright idea to drill a few holes in it.

Now the water drains, the soap dries and isn't mushy and it last much, much longer.

Best Answer

One way to make bar soap last longer is also very decorative. You can paste a picture on flat side of a bar. Then just dip that side in and out of melted parafin for a thin layer. This way you are only using the soap from one side, and it lasts longer. These are nice favors to make for little gifts. Kids can easily make them.

Answer this Question
Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 2, 2016
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Bar-Soap-Last-Longer.html