Making Bar Soap Last Longer

Bar soap can melt in the soap dish or shower. This is a page about making bar soap last longer.

I cut a slice from my new luffa sponge to use under my soaps to keep them dry and firm in my soap dishes.

I just used a sharp bread knife on a dry luffa sponge. Easy!

This is how I organize and keep my bar soaps fresh. I will cut a piece of the packaging (Dove Sensitive Skin) and tape it onto a brand new plastic baggie.
Place all the remaining bar soaps in there and secure with a bread tag - that way the soap stays fresh and new, instead of opened and exposed.

What is the best way to dry bar soap to make it last longer?

Bernie

Answers

Best Answer

I had a plastic soap dish that would collect water and give me mush soap... one day I got the bright idea to drill a few holes in it. Now the water drains, the soap dries and isn't mushy and it last much, much longer.

Best Answer

One way to make bar soap last longer is also very decorative. You can paste a picture on flat side of a bar. Then just dip that side in and out of melted parafin for a thin layer.

This way you are only using the soap from one side, and it lasts longer. These are nice favors to make for little gifts. Kids can easily make them.

Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 2, 2016
🎃