Is Using Bar Soap Safe?

Are you concerned about germs from sharing a bar of soap or perhaps potentially harmful chemicals used as ingredients in your bar soap? This is a guide about is using bar soap safe?

I have a question. I remember many years ago, ads on TV about bar soap (that had been used) harboring germs. Is it true? Or was that just a marketing ploy for SoftSoap? I have spent years being paranoid about using bar soap for handwashing, but I wonder if it is unfounded. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bubbasmom from Paris, OH

Answers

By (Guest Post)

There are germs everywhere and there is no reason why you should fear bar soap. I use it all the time. It is the friction of rubbing the hands together that kills the germs the soap helps to wash them away. Anyone trying to sale you somthing is not going to give you the all of the facts.

~gloria

By Nancy (Guest Post)

From what I've read on the internet and it makes sense, wet soap harbors germs much more than dry soap.

By Joan (Guest Post)

I am 62, my hubby is 65. We both grew up using only bar soap.

We still use bar soap and we've never been aware of getting anything from it.

Bar soap in public restrooms is something to avoid!