Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

What can I do with all the leftover pieces of soap in the shower?

By Linda from Corcoran, CA

Answers:

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

In the summer I tie them in a mesh veggie bag and hang it on the outside faucet for cleaning before coming in. In winter I use the same kind of bag and hang it in the shower and do a sort of soap on a rope. (10/27/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

It works great to make marks when measuring wood or metal for cutting and comes off without having to be removed. Melt it down in a pan with a little water into a new bar when you get enough chips. (10/31/2009)

By latrtatr

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

I purchased a small, mesh draw-string bag (app. 2x5") made just for this purpose at the drug store in bath/spa section (where the bath sponges and bath pillows are). I put all my slivers of soap in it and use it to scrub hands and feet. Since I'm usually barefoot, it's handy to clean my feet sitting on the edge of the tub by running a tiny bit of water in the tub, just enough to wet my feet and the bag, turn the water off, and just rub my feet on the mesh bag in the bottom of the tub, then rinse under running water. I doubt if the water runs more than 15 seconds, so I don't think I'm wasting water, and every ounce of bar soap I purchase gets used up. It's wonderful during the gardening season!

Merry in Washington (11/01/2009)

By MerryJo

Reusing Leftover Soap Pieces

You can make soap balls with the slivers. Just throw them in a container until you save enough slivers. Grate the slivers, then add just enough water to make mix with the consistency similar to play dough. Then shape the mix into balls. Use wet fingers to smooth out the ball a bit. Set on wax paper or a cookie rack to dry. Turn every day or so until dry. Mine took about 24 hours to dry.

If you use several different colors of soap, you may want to sort the soap into similar colors before grating and making into balls. (03/21/2010)

By Skyfire

slivers of soap in dish
Using Leftover Pieces of Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄