Reusing, Reviving, Repairing Old Batting

Is it realistic to revive batting once it starts to separate? I've taken apart old worn quilts and have loads of used batting. I'd really love some ideas on how to reuse, revive, re-fluff, smooth it out, etc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

By debgram

If you ever make stuffed animals, pillows or even the draft stoppers (stop air from coming/going under door or window) they need to be stuffed, so i'd use the old batting. I would even use it when I make the covered photo albums.

When you take it out of the quilts I would try to pull it apart to try to fluff it up and make it less lumpy, sort of like when you try to get a knot out of long hair.

Thrifty Quilt Batting Ideas
Saving Money on Quilt Batting
Crafts Recycled CraftsJuly 17, 2011
comforter with alarm clock
Fixing a Lumpy Comforter
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
A living room full of nice fabric furniture.
Repairing the Underside of Furniture