Making a Fabric Bowl Hot Pad
April 26, 2020
Here is another project to use up scraps and that is quick to make. Do you ever have leftover batting from a quilt? And anyone who sews usually has fabric scraps! So put the two together and in about 45 minutes you can make a cute soup bowl hot pad. Use your imagination and you could use it as a roll basket, a place for car keys, etc.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- two 10" squares of coordinating fabric
- two 10" squares of batting
- Cut out fabric and batting squares. Pin one piece of batting to the wrong side of each fabric square. Sew an "X" on the right side of both fabric squares starting at one corner and going to the opposite corner. Repeat from the second corner.
- Fold fabric squares in half, right sides together. At the folded edge, mark 1" away from fold and 2" along fold line as pictured. Pin. Repeat on the other side. Sew darts. Trim seams.
- Fold fabric squares in half, right sides together, the other direction. Repeat dart instructions above.
- Pin one fabric square, right sides together, to the other fabric square. Sew around the entire piece leaving a 3" opening for turning. Clip corners. Turn right side out.
- Pin opening closed. Top stitch around entire piece sewing opening closed.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.