Browsing: Rose of Sharon Not Blooming

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Rose of Sharon Not Blooming

This deciduous shrub is a beautiful addition to the home garden especially when in bloom. This guide is about a rose of Sharon not blooming.

Rose of Sharon
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 15, 2004 Flag

I have 4 rose of sharons and am having trouble, the leaves are turning yellow. Everyone elses around here are blooming and mine look sick. I live in alabama, could anyone give me some help here? Thanks,

Anita

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi Anita,

See if any of these fit.

http://members.tripod.com/~h_syriacus/diseases.htm

If you need more help, please let us know.

Newt

Are your plants also called altheas? Mine are and their leaves are falling rapidly. (I'm in North Florida)

That's an anual thing for my altheas. They are so big and beautiful in the summer, and for several weeks now, they are losing their leaves. I think you'll find it's Mother Nature. I've had mine for six years. Good luck!

When and how much should I cut my sprouts on the altheas?

Im in n, east ri new england and I have a rose of sharon that looks like dead wood. Are they late bloomers and when should I see some buds? Someone help I am ready to pull it up because it looks dead.

Read More Answers...

October 15, 2004 Flag

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with a rose of sharon when it won't bloom and the leaves are now turning yellow? I am in AL and everyone else's here are in full bloom.

is it a new planting? a transplant? or is it just having a nervous breakdown for no apparant reason?

honestly- they do this sometimes. my folks have 20 or so of them on their property, and in any given year, there's always one of them that's just not right...usually, they come back fine the next year, and I have yet to find a disease or infestation-related cause for them.

Hi Agc,

You might want to take a look at this site. If you need something environmentally friendly just let me know.

Hope that helps,

Newt

Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthMay 27, 2012
bittersweet
Bittersweet Not Blooming
Rose of Sharon
Growing Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Transplanting a Rose of Sharon
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 11:06:59 AM on 10.0.0.111 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.