Transplanting a Rose of Sharon

Category Transplanting
Determining the best location, time of year, and care to successfully transplant your tree is essential. This guide is about transplanting a rose of sharon.

We always had bad luck replanting others free give-a-ways to us. My daughter gave us this Rose of Sharon tree and we talked and watered daily and guess what? Success and a beautiful plant from her yard to mine. Now, when I go and see my little flower garden, I see the tree of love and success again? Don't give up...

By Chris from Buffalo, NY

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

When is the best time to dig up and replant a Rose of Sharon tree? Thank you.

By barbara from Chicago, IL

Answers

Anonymous

You can transplant them in early spring or fall.

I have tons of rose of Sharon bushes and you can replant them at any time,spring or summer. One word of advise, they do re seed themselves everywhere. It has become a major task to pull up the baby ones before they take root, and they do root quickly.

I have planted pinks, purples and whites all together and when they bloom they are beautiful. I have started to cut the tops off so they do more of a bushing out than a tree. I have an entire border that's about six feet tall as a "fence" in my backyard. Good luck with them.