Round Table Cloth Crochet Pattern

I am looking for a pattern for a crocheted round table cloth. The table is 42 inches across and I would like it to hang over about six or eight inches. Please help.

By Ronnie from SC

Round Table Cloth Crochet Pattern

My suggestion is to cheat. That is right, you heard me.

I would go to the Dollar Tree and get yourself all the white or ecru doilies I could get, and put one in the middle, placing the rest in the next "row" of the circle, tying each one to the center one with a nice ribbon or pinning it to it for crocheting the attachment later.

Then, get the next row on and keep going. In 2-3 hours, with about 50.00 you will have a very nice table cloth.

Yes, it will cost you more, but it will save you about 50 hours of work, and that is conservative. Your time is worth a lot more than 1.00 per hour.

Another cool idea is to go the thrift shops and get gently used doilies, and put them together for one that is unique in all the world. When it's done, regardless of what method you use, I would go to Walmart or wherever, they sell clear plastic sheeting in 5' rolls, and get enough to cover the top and at least 2-3" on the sides, to keep it clean.

Good luck. (04/08/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Round Table Cloth Crochet Pattern
Table Runner
Making a Table Runner
Filet Crochet Heart
Filet Crochet Heart Pattern
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 19, 2016 at 4:25:12 AM on in 958 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.