Keeping a Table Cloth from Bunching Up?

There are a couple of popular ways used to keep a tablecloth from from sliding all over the table. You can try putting shelf lining rubberlike material under the cloth. There are also corner clips you can purchase to keep the tablecloth in place. This is a page about keeping table cloth from bunching up.


Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

Where can I find something to put under my table cloth and protector so it does not bunch up?


August 14, 20170 found this helpful
Best Answer

If your tablecloth is slipping around then shelf liner material or table holder brackets (Dollar Tree, Walmart, Target) would work but be sure to not use anything that will stick to the table (if it is a wood table) or you could damage the finish.

Rubber shelf liners, designed to provide cushioning and grip on a shelf or in a drawer, also provide grip for a slippery tablecloth. Unroll a sheet of it the length of the table to keep the entire surface under the cloth flat, or use smaller pieces on several areas of the top.


The liners also protect the table from hot or cold dishes set on it.
Hopefully you will not have put anything between your protector and table cloth.
You might want to look at an inexpensive material that some finer restaurants use. Check out this link as this material will not harm your table but does a good job. (Affiliate Link)

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 13, 20170 found this helpful

Normally you can use a plastic, rubber back table protector on your table. Afterwards, put your table cloth on the table. On the end of the 4 corners they have table cloth pins. Pin the 4 corners and this should keep your tablecloth in place. You should be able to find everything you need at Bed, Bath and Beyond. You can also find these items at your local Target or Walmart stores.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 13, 20170 found this helpful

You can use a rubber liner or pieces of felt below the cloth. You won't see them.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 14, 20170 found this helpful

You want something called tablecover clips. They are available online and at many stores line Walmart and Party City.


Here is a link to see what they look

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Read More Answers

Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 26, 2018
Summer Ideas!
Coronavirus Tips
Back to School Ideas!
Pest Control
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-08-05 13:45:44 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Add to PageAsk a Question