Ruby Throated Hummingbird Photos

Category Wildlife
Rufus - Ruby-throated  Hummingbird
These beautiful little birds migrate between Central America and eastern North America. They are always a delight to see zipping around in the garden. This is a guide about ruby throated hummingbird photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

These 2 ladies weren't feeding, just hanging out in their trellis garden, later in the afternoon. I used a tele lens at high speed to capure the details.

By Leigh

birds on trellis

Comment Like this photo? 15
Top Comment

What a beautiful picture! Thank you so much for sharing! Isn't it funny how the birds think that trellises, and shepherds hooks, etc, are their "playgrounds".

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Rufus is a Ruby-throated Hummingbird. He comes and goes... He likes to fly and drink sweets. He loves the lens and the flash of my camera!

By Kate from Newark, Vermont

Rufus - Ruby-throated  Hummingbird

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
A male and female pair of ruby-throated hummingbirds at a feeder on our front porch.

Photo Location
New Market, AL USA

Comment Like this photo? 1

This photo was taken in my backyard. I use nectar feeders to attract hummingbirds. I also have Cape Honeysuckle, Bleedingheart, and other flowers that Hummingbirds enjoy.

This little one perched in my pine tree just long enough to satisfy an itch.

Photographing these fast little birds is easy once you spend some time watching their approach to their source of food. I have found that they will most often approach in the same way, this makes it easy to be ready to snap off a shot!

By Michelle Earle

Answers:

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

Look at the little fella. He's just the cutest! Thank you for posting this for us to see up close. I've seen them but not up close like this.(07/08/2005)

By Michele

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

That is a great picture! (07/08/2005)

By Jan

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

What a funny shot. (07/08/2005)

By Vicki

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

That is a kewl picture!! I watch them at my feeders but never that closeup thanx for sharing, Ruth (07/09/2005)

By

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

AWESOME award-winning picture!!!!!! (07/10/2005)

By Sara

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

Great picture. What kind of camera did you use? (08/02/2005)

By Ruth

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

They are so fast and aggressive. Two were fussing over a feeder, one ran into the window and was knocked out. My sister in law gently picked him up to see if she could help, so I stuck my nose in to see him up close and he awoke and flew right up to my nose and stayed there for a few seconds. It was the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. There we were beak to nose! Both with eyes wide open in shock! (09/07/2005)

By SHERRYMOUSE

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

How great is that! they are always so fast. I have them perch for awhile, but just like everything else they do, they probably scratch fast as well. I love hummingbirds and think your picture is really cool. Laurie (07/19/2006)

By spinwool