Hummingbird Photos

These pretty, busy birds are fun to watch zooming from flower to flower in the garden. This guide contains hummingbird photos.

Hummingbird Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these Hummingbird Photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
This is one of our favorite hummingbirds, Mr Red, because he's the friendliest little guy of all the hummingbirds, I've ever seen.

Of course hummers love to guard their feeders, and this one wanted his cake and to eat it too by guarding the feeder but was too tired to stay awake.

He's got yellow pollen all over his bill from all the flowers, and probably wanted a drink of nectar (sugar water) before he went on to pollinating the other flowers by seeking nectar from them, and he was just as content as a hummer could be, that he fell asleep for awhile at one of his favorite feeders before his job was done.

I've only seen one other hummingbird over the many years I've fed them, take a nap.

We had one little hummer we'd cared for overnight in our house (with the guidance of a licensed professional) and that little guy actually slept upside down (like a bat) all night long which really shocked us that they can, or do sleep like that.

It's pretty rare they fall asleep at a feeder, but, it happens :)

Photo Location
This picture was taken in our backyard in Las Vegas NV.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Photo Description
This is my photo of the little hummingbirds that come to our feeders daily. We have 19 feeders outside but, for some reason, this feeder is just simply their favorite. Here in the picture, you can see that it hangs with a wire next to it, holding another feeder below.

They always pile on this wire here, which is surprising because hummingbirds aren't too friendly with each other, yet these are pretty forgiving when others try and drink at the same time while another one or others are drinking. The top hummingbird, he's got a bit of irritation on his face, but he's still fine with the whole situation, for the moment anyway.

My husband and I hold our finger out sometimes and the hummingbirds will sit right on our finger to drink from their feeder, which just makes our day.

Look at the lower hummingbird, hehe his little eye is closed because of the other one's wing in his face. I've had them drinking from the feeders now for years, and we've seen many generations come and go. We have about 15 hummingbirds that are regulars, and we just love them to pieces!

Photo Location
Las Vegas, NV is where this photo was taken (our backyard). We have hummingbirds year-round which is super great.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I was sitting outside hand feeding my favorite squirrel. This usually keeps her out of my bird-feeder when I heard this thump and felt something hit the side of my leg.

Looking down I thought, WOW, what a huge bug. I reached down to pick it up and throw it into the grass when I realized it was a hummingbird.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

This is a brand new to the world baby hummingbird. Yesterday was her first day out of the nest and I think we were as excited as the mother bird was.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

This lovely Anna's Hummingbird came in under the patio roof to feed on a lavender blossom. He stayed a brief time, hovering ever so carefully, to approach the lavender blossom.

Lavender blossoms are very popular with hummingbirds.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

The hummingbirds have owned the back garden, near the Mexican sage and other plants. They have been zooming around, especially one couple who obviously are interested in one another. They are beautiful and graceful!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

I was sitting on a porch of a local barber shop while my husband got a haircut. These hummingbirds came by and I thought I'd try to catch them with my camera.

After I got home and loaded them onto my computer I couldnt keep from laughing.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

We have several hummingbird feeders around the yard and Path Garden. This is at the front door where we can see this little guy standing "guard " over his own personal buffet.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

This macro photo of the hummingbird shows him hanging in the air looking for the bird feeder. The hummingbirds are prevalent now with many coming to feeders and Mexican sage blossoms and geraniums.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

A hummingbird looking for the perfect blossom! Those little critters are so dang fast. It's hard to get a picture of them, and forget about getting them to smile! I tried to find out what kind it is. There are so many kinds of hummingbirds listed. It's unbelievable!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 17

A humming bird at the feeder wondering what the hubby's problem is! "Hey trying to eat here!"

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 50

I love to share the holiday spirit with our backyard feathered friends too.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I wanted to share the beauty of the hummingbird. It's rare for me to get a picture of one not flying. I hope you enjoy this fascinating piece of Mother Nature's work.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

We see the Anna's hummingbird daily at this time of year. I had stepped out on the garden patio this morning and saw the hummingbird at the Hot Lips sage plant in our east garden. That is a new plant that we obtained this week.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

I was outside and saw there were up to 3 hummingbirds hanging out at the feeder. I decided to run in the house and grab my camera. Luckily, I was able to catch one relaxing on the perch, and it sat still long enough for me to zoom in on it.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This young Hummingbird came in under the patio roof to a potted lavender plant that was beginning to bloom. I was able to photograph the bird through a glass patio sliding door. I like the closeness, with a telephoto lens, and the detail in the photo.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

This Rufous hummingbird really suprised us as we had not seen one before at our location. The beauty of the Mexican sage's purple blossoms must have attracted him.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

The Mexican sage is a wonderful and very beautiful plant. Hummingbirds love to feed off the nectar in the blossoms. We have several planted around our gardens, and we are treated to hummingbird sightings on a daily basis this time of year.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

I make my own hummingbird food and every year they come back. We love to sit and watch them feed. They fly right over our heads to get to the feeder. I am amazed how aggressive they can be with each other. They are amazing little birds.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Our olive tree has become a "station" for Anna's hummingbirds in our garden to take a rest. It is a shady environment and the hummingbirds daily use it for a short break in their action. They "buzz" around the garden with great vigor and during their feeding times, they visit most blooming plants for a meal.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3
Load More