Hummingbird Photos

These pretty, busy birds are fun to watch zooming from flower to flower in the garden. This page contains hummingbird photos.

Hummingbird Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these Hummingbird Photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Photo Description
We don't have much area to plant flowers in our yard as it's mostly concrete everywhere and an in-ground pool, so we had an idea for our backyard hummingbirds. That was to give them some real nectar, from real flowers.

My husband picked up a lovely hanging outdoor plastic basket of flowers at Home Depot, and we hung it from the eaves of the house at one of the backyard windows.

That way we can watch too!

The second picture is looking right out of one of windows to the backyard. It took awhile for the hummingbirds to get use to it, hehehe one would of thought we put a cat in the yard, the way they initially reacted to it, (they wanted nothing to do with it at first) which we laughed about it and they had no idea what this was doing right between some of their feeders because to them, it is a flower bed in the wrong place!

Finally, the youngsters took to it. We've noticed the older hummingbirds that have been eating here for years, they'll take a quick "nip", but then they'll go straight to the hanging feeders instead.

This little female here in the picture, we've named her Flower Child, she's got pollen on her bill in the 4th picture, and looks so happy! I guess the older hummingbirds like the "concentrate" better - (the feeders).

But the fairly new hummingbirds, (juveniles as they're called) that are a bit older than the new babies, they're loving it, and we get to watch them which is beyond exciting! They'll circle around covering almost all of these flowers to try and get to all of them, and it's just absolutely so much fun and wonderful to watch.

Photo Location
In our backyard, Las Vegas NV

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I was sitting outside hand feeding my favorite squirrel. This usually keeps her out of my bird-feeder when I heard this thump and felt something hit the side of my leg.

Looking down I thought, WOW, what a huge bug. I reached down to pick it up and throw it into the grass when I realized it was a hummingbird.

A Big Bug? No a Hummingbird!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

This is my photo of the little hummingbirds that come to our feeders daily. We have 19 feeders outside but, for some reason, this feeder is just simply their favorite.

Three hummingbirds crowded around a feeder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

This is a brand new to the world baby hummingbird. Yesterday was her first day out of the nest and I think we were as excited as the mother bird was.

A brand new baby hummingbird on a perch.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

The hummingbirds have owned the back garden, near the Mexican sage and other plants. They have been zooming around, especially one couple who obviously are interested in one another.

They are beautiful and graceful!

Hummingbird above sage flowers

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

I was sitting on a porch of a local barber shop while my husband got a haircut. These hummingbirds came by and I thought I'd try to catch them with my camera. After I got home and loaded them onto my computer I couldnt keep from laughing.

Hummbingbird at a feeder, with liquor sign in background.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

We have several hummingbird feeders around the yard and Path Garden. This is at the front door where we can see this little guy standing "guard " over his own personal buffet.

hummingbird on Wire Near Feeder

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

A hummingbird looking for the perfect blossom! Those little critters are so dang fast. It's hard to get a picture of them, and forget about getting them to smile!

I tried to find out what kind it is. There are so many kinds of hummingbirds listed. It's unbelievable!

photo of Hummingbird

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 17

A humming bird at the feeder wondering what the hubby's problem is! "Hey trying to eat here!"

A hummingbird at a feeder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 50

I love to share the holiday spirit with our backyard feathered friends too.

Happy Backyard Birds at Christmastime - Verdin bird on hummer feeder

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I wanted to share the beauty of the hummingbird. It's rare for me to get a picture of one not flying. I hope you enjoy this fascinating piece of Mother Nature's work.

a humming bird resting on a branch

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I make my own hummingbird food and every year they come back. We love to sit and watch them feed. They fly right over our heads to get to the feeder.

I am amazed how aggressive they can be with each other. They are amazing little birds.

Hummingbird Silhouette - hummer at hanging feeder

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I was outside and saw there were up to 3 hummingbirds hanging out at the feeder. I decided to run in the house and grab my camera. Luckily, I was able to catch one relaxing on the perch, and it sat still long enough for me to zoom in on it.

A hummingbird hovering at a red feeder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4
Load More

Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesMarch 20, 2012
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hummingbird-Photos-1.html