Hummingbird Photos

These pretty, busy birds are fun to watch zooming from flower to flower in the garden. This guide contains hummingbird photos.

Hummingbird Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these Hummingbird Photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
This is my photo of the little hummingbirds that come to our feeders daily. We have 19 feeders outside but, for some reason, this feeder is just simply their favorite. Here in the picture, you can see that it hangs with a wire next to it, holding another feeder below.

They always pile on this wire here, which is surprising because hummingbirds aren't too friendly with each other, yet these are pretty forgiving when others try and drink at the same time while another one or others are drinking. The top hummingbird, he's got a bit of irritation on his face, but he's still fine with the whole situation, for the moment anyway.

My husband and I hold our finger out sometimes and the hummingbirds will sit right on our finger to drink from their feeder, which just makes our day.

Look at the lower hummingbird, hehe his little eye is closed because of the other one's wing in his face. I've had them drinking from the feeders now for years, and we've seen many generations come and go. We have about 15 hummingbirds that are regulars, and we just love them to pieces!

Photo Location
Las Vegas, NV is where this photo was taken (our backyard). We have hummingbirds year-round which is super great.

Comment Like this photo? 6

This lovely Anna's Hummingbird came in under the patio roof to feed on a lavender blossom. He stayed a brief time, hovering ever so carefully, to approach the lavender blossom. Lavender blossoms are very popular with hummingbirds.

By Bobby33

Hummingbird feeding at lavender

Comment Like this photo? 14

The hummingbirds have owned the back garden, near the Mexican sage and other plants. They have been zooming around, especially one couple who obviously are interested in one another. They are beautiful and graceful!

By Bobby33

Hummingbird above sage flowers

Comment Like this photo? 12

I was sitting on a porch of a local barber shop while my husband got a haircut. These hummingbirds came by and I thought I'd try to catch them with my camera. I always take it with me in my purse. After I got home and loaded them onto my computer I couldnt keep from laughing.

By HAPPYINHARNED from Harned, KY

Hummbingbird at a feeder, with liquor sign in background.

Comment Like this photo? 4

Top Comment

Hillarious! LOL!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

We have several hummingbird feeders around the yard and Path Garden. This is at the front door where we can see this little guy standing "guard " over his own personal buffet.

At the other end of the house is another feeder and the hummers try to keep each other from getting to either one. Once in awhile two will play the game. They try to out fox the one standing guard by buzzing him and he'll chase that one while the other gets a drink.

It is fun to watch and makes me wonder how some people have a whole group at one feeder and we have to have a feeder for each little bird?

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

hummingbird on Wire Near Feeder

Comment Like this photo? 6

This macro photo of the hummingbird shows him hanging in the air looking for the bird feeder. The hummingbirds are prevalent now with many coming to feeders and Mexican sage blossoms and geraniums.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

A hummingbird looking for the perfect blossom! Those little critters are so dang fast. It's hard to get a picture of them, and forget about getting them to smile! I tried to find out what kind it is. There are so many kinds of hummingbirds listed. It's unbelievable!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 17

A humming bird at the feeder wondering what the hubby's problem is! "Hey trying to eat here!"

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 50

I wanted to share the beauty of the hummingbird. It's rare for me to get a picture of one not flying. I hope you enjoy this fascinating piece of Mother Nature's work.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

We see the Anna's hummingbird daily at this time of year. I had stepped out on the garden patio this morning and saw the hummingbird at the Hot Lips sage plant in our east garden. That is a new plant that we obtained this week.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

I was outside and saw there were up to 3 hummingbirds hanging out at the feeder. I decided to run in the house and grab my camera. Luckily, I was able to catch one relaxing on the perch, and it sat still long enough for me to zoom in on it.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This Anna's hummingbird was approaching one of our feeders near the kitchen window. I used my telephoto lens from about 10 feet away, inside the house and through the window.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

This young Hummingbird came in under the patio roof to a potted lavender plant that was beginning to bloom. I was able to photograph the bird through a glass patio sliding door. I like the closeness, with a telephoto lens, and the detail in the photo.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

This Rufous hummingbird really suprised us as we had not seen one before at our location. The beauty of the Mexican sage's purple blossoms must have attracted him.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

The Mexican sage is a wonderful and very beautiful plant. Hummingbirds love to feed off the nectar in the blossoms. We have several planted around our gardens, and we are treated to hummingbird sightings on a daily basis this time of year.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Our olive tree has become a "station" for Anna's hummingbirds in our garden to take a rest. It is a shady environment and the hummingbirds daily use it for a short break in their action. They "buzz" around the garden with great vigor and during their feeding times, they visit most blooming plants for a meal.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

We have many hummingbirds coming into our small backyard "English" garden. We call it that as while in England we saw many small and very colorful and beautiful gardens and wanted to capture some of that beauty in our own garden.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This lovely hummer let me get so close I could almost count his feathers. I named him-her? Stinker because of his antics and not being afraid of Kitty, just dive bombing her.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

This little guy was at my dad's house. He loves to feed the birds.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

It's hard for me to capture the beauty of hummingbirds as they are buzzing around like bees. I had to stand still at the feeder until a few of them decided I would not harm them.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Recently I was helping a friend move and as we were taking a moment to chat on the front porch at dusk this little guy kept buzzing our heads on his way to the feeder.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Hummingbird Photos

Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following Hummingbird Photos. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

This is a guide about ruby throated hummingbird photos. These beautiful little birds migrate between Central America and eastern North America. They are always a delight to see zipping around in the garden.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

On a warm day this summer I snapped this picture of a humming bird resting on top of the American flag hanging from my front porch. Maybe he was pretending to be an eagle?

By Judy

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

Priceless! (10/07/2010)

By Allison5

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

It's hard to tell in these photos, Leigh, but if it's back, head and/or backside of wing feathers are really colorful then it's the male. For almost all species of birds the males are the more colorful and the females are fairly plain. As for aggressive/defensive behavior, females are as much, if not more so, than males ;-) Nice photos! (10/10/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

Thank you for your lovely photos. The hummers left Columbia, MO already so I miss them so much. I usually say bye to them and I was sick so did not get to say bye. They are thirsty noisy fiesty, lil' birdies and gorgeous. Gives me something to look forward to during, the snowy months ahead. (10/10/2010)

By meoowmom

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

Sounds exactly like my backyard! They always pick a bare branch to sit on and the minute another birds comes to land on that feeder, SWOOP! It's like hummingbird "Top Gun" out there and they're zooming right past your head if you're out there. It's a riot! The hummers by me left about two weeks ago. I will miss them. Safe journey to the little guys and girls. (10/11/2010)

By Mary Moo

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

I say the little guy was dreaming great dreams. :D (11/07/2010)

By JustPlainJo

I love hummingbirds, and we do everything we can to make them happy so they will keep coming back every year. I took all of these a few days ago.

By Leigh

Answers:

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

Those are awesome shots! So cute! (09/09/2010)

By wdyjsu

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

Beautiful pictures! I have hummingbird feeders outside my windows to enjoy their company and have nectar cooling now for them! I also plant flowers that they love, and enjoy their company every single day in my garden!
Aren't they fun to recognize and name? (09/24/2010)

By MzScarlett

It pays to get up early. This shot was taken early this morning at our feeding station.

By Ragteller from Tofield, AB Canada

We are really blessed this year with 9 hummingbirds feeding on our feeders. We keep two out and rotate filling them. It is awesome to watch these little guys. When the babies hatch we'll be refilling the feeders twice, maybe three times a day. Right now they finish off both feeders through the day and we refill them first thing in the morning.

They are usually waiting for us. Sometimes, when we don't get right out there and refill them, one or two will fly up to the window as if asking us to hurry up. I know the picture is kind of blurry. It took 13 shots before I got these 5 in the picture. Every other time they would flit out as I took the picture and I wouldn't get but half a one in the frame. Anyway, enjoy your hummers and if you don't have them but like watching birds, get yourself a feeder and see who shows up.

By Suntydt

Answers:

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous! Thanks for persevering and getting this fantastic photo! I'd frame it if I were you! :) (06/25/2010)

By PainterLee

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

God bless you for looking out for these tiny beauties. (06/27/2010)

By JustPlainJo

The hummingbirds are plentiful in VA. They are amazing to watch. I often would hold this cup in my hands, and they would drink from it, but I couldn't get a picture.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

I don't think these hummingbirds can be classified as my pets but I didn't know where else to put them!

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This little hummingbird wandered into our work shop and couldn't figure out how to get back out. He flew around until he wore himself completely out and fell on the floor.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

I saw the picture of a hummingbird from Pat from Sweetwater, TX. I, too, had the good fortune to capture a hummingbird.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

A little hummingbird guarding my back porch swing.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Feeding time for my hummingbirds.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

I can almost hear them: "It's about time you got here; I waited dinner for you!"

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes