Hummingbird Photos

These pretty, busy birds are fun to watch zooming from flower to flower in the garden. This guide contains hummingbird photos.

Hummingbird Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these Hummingbird Photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
This is my photo of the little hummingbirds that come to our feeders daily. We have 19 feeders outside but, for some reason, this feeder is just simply their favorite. Here in the picture, you can see that it hangs with a wire next to it, holding another feeder below.

They always pile on this wire here, which is surprising because hummingbirds aren't too friendly with each other, yet these are pretty forgiving when others try and drink at the same time while another one or others are drinking. The top hummingbird, he's got a bit of irritation on his face, but he's still fine with the whole situation, for the moment anyway.

My husband and I hold our finger out sometimes and the hummingbirds will sit right on our finger to drink from their feeder, which just makes our day.

Look at the lower hummingbird, hehe his little eye is closed because of the other one's wing in his face. I've had them drinking from the feeders now for years, and we've seen many generations come and go. We have about 15 hummingbirds that are regulars, and we just love them to pieces!

Photo Location
Las Vegas, NV is where this photo was taken (our backyard). We have hummingbirds year-round which is super great.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

This lovely Anna's Hummingbird came in under the patio roof to feed on a lavender blossom. He stayed a brief time, hovering ever so carefully, to approach the lavender blossom. Lavender blossoms are very popular with hummingbirds.

By Bobby33

Hummingbird feeding at lavender

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

The hummingbirds have owned the back garden, near the Mexican sage and other plants. They have been zooming around, especially one couple who obviously are interested in one another. They are beautiful and graceful!

By Bobby33

Hummingbird above sage flowers

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

I was sitting on a porch of a local barber shop while my husband got a haircut. These hummingbirds came by and I thought I'd try to catch them with my camera. After I got home and loaded them onto my computer I couldnt keep from laughing.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This is a brand new to the world baby hummingbird. Yesterday was her first day out of the nest and I think we were as excited as the mother bird was.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

We have several hummingbird feeders around the yard and Path Garden. This is at the front door where we can see this little guy standing "guard " over his own personal buffet.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

This macro photo of the hummingbird shows him hanging in the air looking for the bird feeder. The hummingbirds are prevalent now with many coming to feeders and Mexican sage blossoms and geraniums.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

A hummingbird looking for the perfect blossom! Those little critters are so dang fast. It's hard to get a picture of them, and forget about getting them to smile!

I tried to find out what kind it is. There are so many kinds of hummingbirds listed. It's unbelievable!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 17

A humming bird at the feeder wondering what the hubby's problem is! "Hey trying to eat here!"

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 50

I love to share the holiday spirit with our backyard feathered friends too.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I wanted to share the beauty of the hummingbird. It's rare for me to get a picture of one not flying. I hope you enjoy this fascinating piece of Mother Nature's work.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

We see the Anna's hummingbird daily at this time of year. I had stepped out on the garden patio this morning and saw the hummingbird at the Hot Lips sage plant in our east garden.

That is a new plant that we obtained this week.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

I was outside and saw there were up to 3 hummingbirds hanging out at the feeder. I decided to run in the house and grab my camera. Luckily, I was able to catch one relaxing on the perch, and it sat still long enough for me to zoom in on it.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This young Hummingbird came in under the patio roof to a potted lavender plant that was beginning to bloom. I was able to photograph the bird through a glass patio sliding door.

I like the closeness, with a telephoto lens, and the detail in the photo.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

This Rufous hummingbird really suprised us as we had not seen one before at our location. The beauty of the Mexican sage's purple blossoms must have attracted him.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

The Mexican sage is a wonderful and very beautiful plant. Hummingbirds love to feed off the nectar in the blossoms. We have several planted around our gardens, and we are treated to hummingbird sightings on a daily basis this time of year.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Our olive tree has become a "station" for Anna's hummingbirds in our garden to take a rest. It is a shady environment and the hummingbirds daily use it for a short break in their action. They "buzz" around the garden with great vigor and during their feeding times, they visit most blooming plants for a meal.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

This lovely hummer let me get so close I could almost count his feathers. I named him-her? Stinker because of his antics and not being afraid of Kitty, just dive bombing her.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

This little guy was at my dad's house. He loves to feed the birds.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

It's hard for me to capture the beauty of hummingbirds as they are buzzing around like bees. I had to stand still at the feeder until a few of them decided I would not harm them.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Recently I was helping a friend move and as we were taking a moment to chat on the front porch at dusk this little guy kept buzzing our heads on his way to the feeder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes
Load More