Saving Money on Business Cards

Making your own cards and online ordering can both save you money on business card creating and printing. This is a guide about saving money on business cards.

July 30, 2007 Flag

Business Cards

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We save money on business cards by designing our own. My husband took this picture in our backyard, and put the words on it on the computer.

September 18, 2007 Flag

I got a great deal on business cards with pix at www.vistaprint.com. They had a deal on free photo uploads! So 500 only cost me $6 or so for shipping.

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

BE very careful w/this outfit as they can only

produce run-of-the-mill in-house designs, etc.

I ordered envelopes from them & they printed

client's name upside down. On second go-around

they did NOT use supplied typography so

caveat emptor.

May 3, 2005 Flag

This is a very nice link to making your own free printable calendar business cards.

Use card stock paper for best results. You can also cut the cards out with craft scissors that come in different cutting edges for a more creative look. Experiment with different colored papers till you get the look you want.

http://www.calendar-cards.co.uk/index.php

By Las Vegas Angel

Editor's Note: We tried this. It took a long time to print out the calendar side because there is so much text and the text is small but they turned out very well.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great product, only no 2007 available yet and it's already Oct 06'. I would love to print 2007 on my cards now!

March 27, 2013 Flag

exchanging business card

This guide is about making your own business cards. Whether you use business card stock or stiff paper there are a number of ways to create your own unique cards.

March 13, 2010 Flag

I am looking for a page were I can make my own business cards. Does anyone have a recommendation?

By Marley's Grave, NE

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you have Microsoft Word or Word Perfect you can download a business card template. At least I know you can for Microsoft Word, not to sure about Word perfect. You can get business card stock from a stationary store or from Walmart. Print on normal paper the first time you have your form done and make sure it matches up to the business card stock you purchased. This keeps you from wasting the business card stock.

You can do the same thing for return address labels; this will look good if you mail a business card to someone and you address label and business card match. Kind of professional.

There are loads and loads of styles here: http://www.free  sinesscards.net/

This is a very good site. It has all sorts of free things to print. You will have to register.

http://www.free  sinesscards.net/

If you are going to buy card stock and print your own business card MAKE SURE that your printer can handle the heavier weight of the card stock. Most printers can not run card stock as they flip the paper 180 degrees during the printing process.

I've had good luck with Vistaprint, but you should be aware that they re-sell your information, leading to spam email and other ads. Also buried in their fine print is the fact that they're an overseas-based company, which resulted in an extra "currency conversion" charge of a couple dollars from my credit card company. It wasn't much, but I'm always annoyed by these charges which are very difficult to find out in advance.

It's been awhile, but I always got good results with MS Publisher. There are a variety of business card templates built into the program, and you can exchange your own images for the built-in ones with a couple of mouse clicks. When I worked as a church secretary several years ago, I created and printed all the stationery, business cards, etc.

I haven't tried to find it, but I hear there's a free version of MS Office out there. You could find it by searching for "open Office" in your fave search engine. (My fave is dogpile.com.) Of course, when thinking about the cost, you'll want to figure in the time you took creating the document as well as materials; cardstock, ink/toner, etc.

Best to you!

Another good spot is www.moo.com. I think you even get some free with just shipping and handling fees. Just like Vista Print.

Budget & Finance Saving MoneyJuly 10, 2014
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
exchanging business card
Making Your Own Business Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 1:10:40 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.