Homemade Business Cards

Category Business
There are websites where you can create your own business cards, but you can also use certain software products from Microsoft and other companies. This is a guide about designing homemade business cards.

I am looking for a page where I can make my own business cards. Does anyone have a recommendation?

By marlène

Best Answer

If you are going to buy card stock and print your own business card MAKE SURE that your printer can handle the heavier weight of the card stock. Most printers can not run card stock as they flip the paper 180 degrees during the printing process.

Best Answer

I've had good luck with Vistaprint, but you should be aware that they re-sell your information, leading to spam email and other ads. Also buried in their fine print is the fact that they're an overseas-based company, which resulted in an extra "currency conversion" charge of a couple dollars from my credit card company. It wasn't much, but I'm always annoyed by these charges which are very difficult to find out in advance.

Is there a way to make business cards at home? I don't have a business, but I would like the ability to put my name, phone number and email address on a card that I could just hand someone without having to write it down. I don't want to buy a program. I know there is software out there to do this with, but I want to know if there is a way I could make them without it.

Auntsandy24c from Baltimore, MD

Answers:

Microsoft Word

I make my husband's cards as he is with the Veterans of Foreign Wars and I use a clipart of the US Flag and the State VFW emblem. I can use the Microsoft Word or I have a PrintShop Program and I love it as it is fun and I make birthday and holiday cards.

By Annie Rios Hill

Microsoft Word

Just type your information into a word document. The standard business card size is usually 2 x 3.5 inches.

Trim you 8.5 x 11 paper to 8 and 10 after you print and then cut.

You can get 10 on a sheet, use a paper cutter or you can purchase pre-cut sheets of business cards at the office supply store, but this worked fine.

By Diana

Microsoft Word

Microsoft Word has built-in business card feature. If you already have Word then you won't have to buy anything extra.

You can use it to make your own business cards as well as return address labels, and many other things.

First open a new document. Then select the Tools Menu at the top of the screen. From the tools menu select Letters and Mailings then from that menu select Envelopes and Labels. It will open a box. Select the Labels tab at the top of the box and then the Options button at the right hand side. Under where it says Product Number if you scroll down you will see 3612 Business Card. Select that, then it will take you back to the box where you can type in the information you want to be on it and check the box that says Full Page of the Same Label.

You can buy pre-perforated sheets to print on at Walmart or you can just print onto any card stock and then cut them yourself.

Also, you might notice in the Product Number box there are many options for other types of labels. I make my own return address labels this way. You can buy the blank labels at Walmart and then select the right Product Number in Word. Not as inexpensive as hand-writing your address, but cheaper than ordering labels from a company.

By RMJ