Homemade Business Cards

I am looking for a page where I can make my own business cards. Does anyone have a recommendation?

By Marley's Grave, NE

Best Answer

If you are going to buy card stock and print your own business card MAKE SURE that your printer can handle the heavier weight of the card stock. Most printers can not run card stock as they flip the paper 180 degrees during the printing process.

Best Answer

I've had good luck with Vistaprint, but you should be aware that they re-sell your information, leading to spam email and other ads. Also buried in their fine print is the fact that they're an overseas-based company, which resulted in an extra "currency conversion" charge of a couple dollars from my credit card company. It wasn't much, but I'm always annoyed by these charges which are very difficult to find out in advance.

If you have Microsoft Word or Word Perfect you can download a business card template. At least I know you can for Microsoft Word, not to sure about Word perfect. You can get business card stock from a stationary store or from Walmart. Print on normal paper the first time you have your form done and make sure it matches up to the business card stock you purchased. This keeps you from wasting the business card stock.
You can do the same thing for return address labels; this will look good if you mail a business card to someone and you address label and business card match. Kind of professional.

There are loads and loads of styles here: http://www.free … sinesscards.net/

This is a very good site. It has all sorts of free things to print. You will have to register.
http://www.free … sinesscards.net/

It's been awhile, but I always got good results with MS Publisher. There are a variety of business card templates built into the program, and you can exchange your own images for the built-in ones with a couple of mouse clicks. When I worked as a church secretary several years ago, I created and printed all the stationery, business cards, etc.

I haven't tried to find it, but I hear there's a free version of MS Office out there. You could find it by searching for "open Office" in your fave search engine. (My fave is dogpile.com.) Of course, when thinking about the cost, you'll want to figure in the time you took creating the document as well as materials; cardstock, ink/toner, etc.

Best to you!

Another good spot is www.moo.com. I think you even get some free with just shipping and handling fees. Just like Vista Print.