Saving Money on Pet Medications

There are ways to save on on your pet's need for medication. This guide is about saving money on pet medications.

July 5, 2011 Flag

I order all my Flea and Heartworm protection from They are half the price of what I used to pay at my Vet. I just placed an order for the 6 month package for dogs 45-88 pounds, and with shipping it came to $70.90. It takes about a week to arrive, but I always reorder it once I use my last application.

By CaroleeRose from Madison, AL

This is a great website for pet meds. I have been buying my heartworm medicine form them for 5 or 6 years and cannot believe the difference in price. Not to mention no need for a blood test every year, with 5 dogs that would break the bank.

September 21, 2009 Flag

I found a simple way to keep my pills from sticking together in my weekly pill holder. I have 3 or 4 gel caps and, in this hotter weather, they stick together or to the container. I have to dig them out. I found if I just put a pinch of cornstarch in with them, they don't stick together for about a year.

By Babbie from Lemon Grove, CA

Keep the pill box/dispenser in the refrigerator. You are already opening and closing its door many times a day. Come cool autumn weather you can keep capsules on a counter, or wherever, again.

November 7, 2008 Flag

Tips for Saving Money on Pet Prescriptions. Post your ideas here.

Saving Money on Pet Prescriptions

August 19, 2008 Flag

If your pet is on medication sometimes it's cheaper to get the medication through your people pharmacy. I had a dog on phenobarbital and it was loads cheaper getting it at my local pharmacy.

November 19, 2007 Flag

Always ask the vet if the medication being prescribed is available at a regular drugstore. If so, have her write the Rx for you. Vets charge a lot more for medications than cut-rate pharmacies like Walmart or Costco.

Pets AdviceOctober 11, 2012
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
Wii console and controllers
Saving Money on a Wii
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
A veterinarian holding a dog.
Remedies for Worms in Dogs