Saving Money on Spices

At WalMart and most grocery stores check the Hispanic foods section. There was ground cumin for 84 cents for 1 1/2 oz. McCormick's ground cumin was 2.82 for 2 oz.

The Hispanic Food section for cinnamon and oregano and other spices can save you at least $1.00, and probably more.

Source: Always checking the bottom line and being frugal (cheap)!

By meoowmom from Columbia, MO

Answers:

Saving Money on Spices

Wow! Great tip! I never thought to check a different aisle! (11/30/2009)

By Deeli

Saving Money on Spices

You are absolutely correct! I've been doing this for about 8 yrs now. Only after moving to Arizona from Alabama and finding that things there were triple what they were here, I looked up and found a local Mexican grocery store in AZ with many bargains. The spices and foods were much, much cheaper for some reason. I made that particular store my regular grocery store and only bought the items that were on sale at the other stores.

The spices were the best! I still have some of the peppers and now that we can get a lot of Mexican products here in Alabama and Georgia that were in AZ. I am now able to afford all the spices I love to keep on hand again now! (12/01/2009)

By Bama_Jypsy1

Saving Money on Spices
Saving Money on Spices
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
Many Bags of Colorful Dried Spices
Keeping Spices Fresh
A cutting board with ground spices and fresh spices on it.
Ground Spices vs. Fresh Spices
🎄