Saving Plants Through The Winter

Dear Ellen,

I just read a post that you responded to about Strawberry Plants in pots in the winter. I am hoping you can give a little clarification. You told the gentlemen that he could keep them in the garage, but he did not ask if he would need to water them during the winter.

Are the plants going to survive the winter without moisture? I will be doing the same type of thing, but don't know if I should provide regular watering or not. Thanks so much for your help.

Dina

By Dinamarie from Slatington, PA

Answers:

Saving Plants Through The Winter

I'm not Ellen so I hope you don't mind me sticking my 2 cents in here, but you must water plants occasionally if you overwinter them in a garage. You must keep the roots from freezing by putting them in a cold spot that doesn't freeze. The ideal temperature would be between 32 and 45 degrees F.

By Anonymous

Saving Plants Through The Winter
Cold frame and glass cloches for plant protection.
Preparing Your Garden for Winter
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
A glass of orange juice.
Saving Money on Juice
Saving Money on Winter Vacations, Snowman and Snowwoman Enjoying the Pool and Warm Sun Together
Saving Money on Winter Vacations
🎄