Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

I have a request. I am looking for a household hint to fix scratches in a glass table top. I have tried the toothpaste remedy with very little results. These aren't very deep scratches, but the table is new and I would love any ideas on how to fix these scratches.

- Daarla

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

The easiest way to hide scratches in glass is to etch a design over it.See (01/10/2005)

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

Have you considered that lens scratch repair stuff they sell for eyeglasses? I can't remember the name off hand, but you can get it at places like Walmart and Kmart.

If it works, you're all set. If not, you can still etch over it.

By Erin

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

I use Johnson's Pledge (furniture polish) for my eye glasses, you could try that, may have to use several coats. (01/11/2005)

By Anna.

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

I have the same problem. I found this site through google and may order their Do-It-Yourself kit if there are no other hints forthcoming.

Ad (02/06/2005)

By Charles

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

About toothpaste, you have to make sure it's the white kind, and the cheaper the better. Mixing some baking soda in it also helps for deeper scratches.

If you have a steady hand, and some patience, you can use a toothpick or pin, and dab some super glue in scratches. (Make sure you clean the scratch area first with alcohol.) If you make a mistake and have a little runover, it comes off with nail polish remover. I've done this on glass doors where there was a scratch from something hitting it. Could be worth a shot. Good luck! (02/22/2005)

By Kathy

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

Use nail polish dude and remove the excess with acetone. lates (04/25/2006)

By equilizer

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop

We can help by supplying a DIY glass scratch removal kit. Please visit or contact Many Thanks. (10/24/2006)

By glasstechnics

Scratches On A Glass Tabletop
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass