Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

I have used nail polish remover on my white patient leather shoes but the red scuff marks did not come off. What can I use so it will?

Bree from Miami, FL

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

Family Dollar sells a double textured sponge that removes scuff marks off vinyl flooring and I'll bet it would work for scuffs on patent leather too. Just wet the white side of the sponge and gently rub. The blue side is for tougher ground in scuffs. (10/07/2007)

By Lorelei

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

This sounds kind of strange, but I came on this site to look up how to get a couple black scuffs off my new red patent leather heels. I heard the acetone in some cases took the shininess right out of the shoes, so when I saw someone suggest Vaseline, I was intrigued. Since I didn't have Vaseline, I tried Bacitracin and a sponge. It took a little elbow grease, but it worked wondrs! (10/11/2007)

By Vanessa

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

I tried toothpaste, Comet, Clorox Clean-Up, Leather Shoe Whitener, pencil eraser and baking powder paste and none of it worked. I finally used Extra Coverage White-Out and it worked very well. Obviously, this would only work on white. (10/26/2007)

By Sharon Hoover

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!

Just used the magic eraser on my black patent leather pumps- worked great got all marks off and they look brand new. Do not use too much water on the eraser. (10/28/2007)

By Nicole

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

I went all the way from PA to NY to get a pair of Bapes [[shoes]] and I got them in October. I had been saving up since June. I finally got them; the first time I wore them, in 5 min. I had a big scuff on them. So I took you guys' advice and used nail polish remover -- it worked really good on the pink patent leather toe of my shoe. Don't overdue it, and use a little bit of elbow grease. It works =] (11/01/2007)

By Rebekah

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

Nail polish remover worked great. However my girl friends white colin stuart white patent leather knee high boots are beginning to yellow. How do you get the yellow out and restore the bright white? Someone told me to take them over to my body shop and paint them, since all patent leather is plastic, ugh, help, she loves these boots. email Bam7722 at aol dot com with suggestions!(11/18/2007)

By Dave

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

WOW. My daughter had black scuff marks on the patent side of her Nike Zoom Air b-ball shoes, and I used bathroom Scrubbing Bubbles ( the kind you clean your bathroom with) and I scrubbed at the scuff with a paper towel and the bubbles and it was off in about 30 seconds. Worked wonders and there is NO dulling of the patent leather. (11/20/2007)

By Terri

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

I just bought a expensive bcbg black patent leather bag. I got a 20% discount due to a decent size scuff mark on the bag. I read on this site that vaseline works. I tried it and it it took the scuff right off it looks brand new. Thank you. (12/05/2007)

By lori

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

NAIL POLISH REMOVER! I have pink BCBG patent leather pumps that I haven't worn in forever since I couldn't get the scuffs out. The nail polish remover took it out in a couple seconds and now I have a new pair of shoes! (12/21/2007)

By M

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

I used Nail Polish remover and it worked awesome! I am so excited I can refresh all of my scuffed shoes that have been sitting in the closet! (12/26/2007)

By monica

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

You might want to try good old spit first! I just tried petroleum jelly, nail polish remover, and vinegar, but buffing the scuffs with a dab of spit on a microfiber cloth worked better than any of the other things; don't knock a spit-shine until you try it! (01/03/2008)

By April

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

Use vaseline. It works fast.

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

My son was devastated when his older brother caused his to scuff the black patent leather heel portion of his $175 Jordans. I came to this site from a Google search on "Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes" and I am so very glad I did.

We tried all of the methods mentioned above fingernail polish remover (non-acetone), rubbing alcohol, Magic Eraser, pencil eraser, toothpaste, Goo-Gone, etc. We even resorted to trying anything in our house we could find Sea Breeze, Claire's Pierced Ear Cleaner (which actually worked a little), jewelry rouge, etc.

Finally, we ran up to the drug store and bought a .79 cent bottle of CVS brand nail polish remover with acetone and it was gone in one swipe. We followed that up with a light Vaseline rub and you can't even tell the scuff was ever there.

Thank you ALL for your contributions to this topic, you made my 15 year old son ecstatic and prevented his potential jail time, since he was on the verge of killing his 16 year old brother. Now I just have to figure out how to fix the hole in my kitchen wall where he put his fist through my sheetrock instead of his brother's face.

Thanks All! (01/20/2008)

By Cat

scuff marks on vinyl gogo boots

Amazing! Just tried the acetone nail polish remover and it worked like a charm. now i can wear my red vinyl gogo boots again at halloween! thanks! (01/29/2008)

By sandy

Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

Mineral oil, AKA BABY OIL, without taking away the shine (01/31/2008)

By shirley

Patent Leather Shoes
Removing Scuffs on Patent Leather
Polishing Leather Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Scuffed Leather Shoes
Removing Scuff Mark on Leather Shoes