Selling Crafts at Craft Fairs

I am a stay at home mom that wishes to earn extra income selling crafts at craft fairs/flea markets. Any ideas or suggestions of crafts that sell well? Thank you.

PJ from Forked River, NJ

Selling Crafts at Craft Fairs

If your craft is of the type that you can do while at the craft fair, that can really help to attract attention to your booth. It also "proves" that you really did make them yourself. I used to set up my booth for wood burned pet portraits and wildlife plaques, and actually burn one during the hours of the crafting event.

Since I was young when I did this, it helped assure others that I was really the artist, and it also showed the customers how the art was created (since pyrography is often misunderstood). Also, it made my booth a bit more approachable. Instead of just sitting there looking hopeful and expectant when customers would approach, I would be working, and look up from my work with a smile and a hello. The customer could browse for a moment without me just staring at them twiddling my thumbs. Or, they now felt welcome to approach and ask questions about the work, which most of them did.

I know that when I go to craft fairs as a potential customer, I feel hesitant about approaching a vendor who is just sitting there watching me (even if they're friendly), especially when I am not quite sure if I want to buy the products. This is just my shy nature, but I know that this tendency is shared by many. Working on your products while manning the booth allows both the shy and the outgoing to approach your tables with ease, as well as displaying your talents. Best of luck with your venture. (07/14/2008)

By Yodergoat

selling homemade soap
Selling Crafts at Craft Shows
Glass Block
Selling Glass Block Crafts
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
eBay Logo
Selling On eBay
Crafts Using Soda Cans
Crafts Using Soda Cans