Selling On Craigslist

Is selling on Craigslist national or for your state only?

By Nysha Monique from McComb, MS

Answers:

Selling On Craigslist

You can either post or read a craigslist ad for national, or a big city closest to you or any city or country. When you log on to www.craigslist.com you'll automatically be taken to the craigslist USA national site. Then you have to click on a city or country to go there. They are listed on the right-hand side of the page. I've seen people list all over the country.

Usually people that list in multiple cities that aren't close to their living area are running scams, but not always. You can find out by clicking and copying the exact wording for the ad you're interested in, then Googling those exact words. I did this by accident for an embroidery sewing machine and I found the guy had listed basically the same ad all over the US. He said he was local, but he was actually running the scam from Canada. (ie. "Send your money now and I'll send you this machine". Yeah, right!). You never send money till you see and test out the product! And that also goes for home and car repair.

Unfortunately there are some shady characters that ask for half down (to buy supplies, or so they say) then they run off with the down payment and never even begin the work! Sadly, there are quality contractors that could really use the half down to buy supplies, but now the bad have ruined it for the good guys and now no one can trust contractors they find on craigslist. I found a wonderful retired electrician to run the 220 for my kilns and he did a great job, but I had to first weed out the bad guys by calling their references. You also get a feel for who stands by their word and who doesn't. Usually, the older semi-retired guys are top notch and trustworthy. (08/13/2009)

By Cyinda

Selling On Craigslist

Usually, for me it's worked this way. I only post to the city closet to me. If someone is interested, we meet at a local mall or parking lot during the day to exchange money for the item. I've never had any trouble. If it's a large item I cannot haul, I allow them to come to my house only after talking to them over the phone and being sure someone is going to be home with me when they arrive. (08/13/2009)

By LITTLE SUZY

Photo of Craigslist's website homepage.
Selling Items on Craigslist
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
eBay Logo
Selling On eBay
Woman holding a box for a garage sale
Posting Your Garage Sale on Craigslist
Selling Your Car
Selling Your Car on Craigslist
🎉
🎄